Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put the kext in my 10.11 folder in clover / kexts. I ran the commands and the terminal tells me there is no coremedia file. My system is what is in my profile. Z87 board with i5-4690k.

Interesting side note, if I enable integrated graphics in bios and continue to use NVIDIA card, the trailers play, but my system locks up. If I go back in bios and turn off integrated graphics, then trailers do not play.

Not sure what the issue is ... any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

EDIT - iMac kext along with Shiki text in clover / kexts / 10.11 did the trick. After reboot, played HD content in SD. Once I ran terminal commands which reset DRM, iTunes played videos in HD. Have a GTX 960 so the additional iMac kext is what seemed to do the trick. I no longer need to use integrated graphic in addition to graphics card to get it to work (which would eventually cause my system to freeze). Thanks to all those that helped with the solution.
What do you mean by "iMac Kext"?

So Instructions on the first page aren't working for me. Using intel integrated graphics and clover r3974. Have put the shiki.kext in EFI/.../others and 10.12. Neither works. When I reboot itunes will play the video for about 6 seconds then the "Selected movie won't play on your display". I have the monitor connected from the display port to the hdmi input of my monitor with a cable converter.

Thanks to all contributors. Applying the instructions in Post #1 plus deleting AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle just worked perfectly for me on 10.12.3 (GA-H87M-D3H/4790K/GTX950).

I am confused on where this imac.kext is. I don't see any mention of the Imac.kext in the OP Post 1. Sounds like there should just be one kext to install(shiki.kext) I didn't see the imac.kext in the download folder. Help?

I haven't tried the steps yet b/c I wanted to understand them first, but will try today.

I know I need to install the shiki.kext file first. I tried to use kext beast but it didn't appear to do anything. I had the file on the desktop like it says and run. It says install successful but when I look in that extension folder it isn't there. Am I missing something?

My terminal is at my user folder see attached screenshot. What do I have it at when I key in the terminal code and how do I get it there? I am not familiar with terminal that much.

EDIT: I got kextbeast to work. I had to redownload it b/c it wasn't giving me the proper options for some reason. Kext was installed. However, when I run the GVA 5line codes on Post 1 it get a defaultAppleGVA not found error. It makes me enter my password and basically nothing has changed. In the FAQ it says to restore an AppleGVA framework from another computer. How and where do I get that from?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 1.22.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 1.22.10 PM.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Okay, I put the Shiki.kext in my /Library/Extension.
Then I ran the codes from 1st post in terminal.
Restart.

and it doesn't work. Does anyone know why?

I am using skylake and RX 480 for GPU.

Here is something you can try if you haven't already, go to S/L/E and remove (Delete) this kext - AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver - double check its the correct one as there are two or three with similar names (keep it in the recycle bin just incase you need to put it back). After deletion, repair permissions and reboot machine and see if iTunes will play Trailers or Movies. Good luck.

I know I need to install the shiki.kext file first. I tried to use kext beast but it didn't appear to do anything. I had the file on the desktop like it says and run. It says install successful but when I look in that extension folder it isn't there. Am I missing something?

My terminal is at my user folder see attached screenshot. What do I have it at when I key in the terminal code and how do I get it there? I am not familiar with terminal that much.

EDIT: I got kextbeast to work. I had to redownload it b/c it wasn't giving me the proper options for some reason. Kext was installed. However, when I run the GVA 5line codes on Post 1 it get a defaultAppleGVA not found error. It makes me enter my password and basically nothing has changed. In the FAQ it says to restore an AppleGVA framework from another computer. How and where do I get that from?

After running the text in Terminal and entering your p/w, you can safely ignore the negative returns. Just run the commands as instructed in Post #1 for your respected Graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back