Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the additional post, edit doesn't work for me here at work:

Just to clarify how I got it to work for my setup:
1. I followed the instructions in post #1
2. I downloaded iMac.kext and moved it by hand into the EFI/kexts/Other folder.
3. I had to remove the NVDAStartup section in the file "info.plist" within iMac.kext.

I will upload the modified info.plist tonight, when I get back home from work.
I keep the iMac kext in the 10.12 folder, works fine.
I followed your suggestion and./.. yep. All works!
in regards to the iMac kext's property list. I can upload it. I've also included the modified iMac kext itself for easy installation

Attachments

• Info.plist
    2.5 KB · Views: 321
  • iMac.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 199
I'm glad that some of us can enjoy HD video.

I tried the imac.kext from sightlysuperior but when this kext is loaded my GTX 960 will no longer be recognised and the acceleration is gone.

I'm glad that some of us can enjoy HD video.

I tried the imac.kext from sightlysuperior but when this kext is loaded my GTX 960 will no longer be recognised and the acceleration is gone.
Oh man. check the iMac kext look near the bottom of the info.plist and check whether or not the nvdastartup entry is still there.
Or try the copy I uploaded directly from my clovers kexts folder... I guess.

Attachments

• iMac.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 155
Oh man. check the iMac kext look near the bottom of the info.plist and check whether or not the nvdastartup entry is still there.
Or try the copy I uploaded directly from my clovers kexts folder... I guess.
I already used your kext. It seems like the igpu throws an error. Do you have a HD 530 or something like that in your system?

I already used your kext. It seems like the igpu throws an error. Do you have a HD 530 or something like that in your system?
Uhh yeah man kinda but I disable the IGPU. the primary output is PCIE1 and I have a HD 4600 cause Haswell.

I was off the forum a long time. I have to check wether airplay mirroring works or not when the igpu is disabled.
Because of this I enabled it.

Thanks for your help.

Edit:
Disabled igpu, still the same error...

Last edited:
I was off the forum a long time. I have to check wether airplay mirroring works or not when the igpu is disabled.
Because of this I enabled it.

Thanks for your help.
Well after this episode of son of born ends I'll re enable it and see what happens but I doubt it's have any impact.

Alright so... I checked. hardware acceleration was still achievable. no problems there BUT... having the IGPU enabled and the modified iMac kext ruined the ability to play HD iTunes content particularly TV and Film. I know some people can play trailers in HD but not anything else and people just say "success" after playing a trailer so I like to specific

Hey,
I can finally watch iTunes HD content again.
All I had to do was a reset of the DRM configuration

from Shiki FAQ (https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/blob/master/FAQ.en.md):

How do I reset my DRM configuration (may be needed to fix the crashes)?

Run the following commands in terminal:
defaults delete com.apple.coremedia
defaults delete com.apple.AppleGVA
sudo rm -rf /Users/Shared/SC\ Info
sudo defaults delete com.apple.coremedia
sudo defaults delete com.apple.AppleGVA
Afterwards make sure AppleGVA sigature is valid (the command should output nothing):
codesign --no-strict --verify /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework
If it is not, restore AppleGVA.framework from a newly installed system with the correct permissions.
Reboot twice.

My setup now:
- HD 530 active
- ig-platform-id 0x19120000
- Inject Intel yes
- latest Nvidia web drivers for GTX 960

HDCP is still broken (amazon video sets to SD and gives the HDCP message).
AirPlay mirroring still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back