Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello with iTunes 12.5.1 update back to black screen.
any solution?

Also getting a black screen after updating to iTunes 12.5.1

Also getting a black screen after updating to iTunes 12.5.1

UPDATE: Just ran steps 2 and 3 again from the first post followed by a reboot and iTunes video playback is back.

Last edited:
hmm,
Please tell
Ok, i removed nv_disable = 1, again load OS X Default Graphics Driver after reboot, Graphic Card is shown correctly, iTunes stays at black screen. But the System seems to be faster now.....

There is another Problem with iTunes, after every Reboot i have to authorize my Computer again.

btw. i am from GER too, maybe this makes it easylier

I think it's not just a iTunes problem then...
We have to check some more parts of your machine. I don't know wether its good or not to post all here or start a new thread. I think we should start with your post installation setup.
Your kexts folder was pretty empty, what kext do you have? By the way you only need one of the folders and I prefer the "other" folder. This one is always the first to use, so it is always the right one (except you use different kexts for different OS's within the same machine).

I think it's not just a iTunes problem then...
We have to check some more parts of your machine. I don't know wether its good or not to post all here or start a new thread. I think we should start with your post installation setup.
Your kexts folder was pretty empty, what kext do you have? By the way you only need one of the folders and I prefer the "other" folder. This one is always the first to use, so it is always the right one (except you use different kexts for different OS's within the same machine).

okay, now i´m totally confused about my Configuration

removed all folders except "other" from EFI/Clover/Kexts, checking my config.plist multiple times, checking all components and Apps, all of them Works fine(Photoshop,AutoCAD,FinalCut,). Only thing that´s fail is iTunes, when choosing Music to listen, buy Apps and Music, no AppleID Authorizing is needed, only at play videos the authorisation is needed.

My Post Installation setup looks exactly :
Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 23.56.19.png

coming to the kexts: thats mystery for me, is it possible that clover lost kexts?

I have an XFX 6870 video card. In ML, this was recognized by About this Mac as an AMD Radeon 6870 and DRM-protected movies play just fine. Upgrading to El Capitan, it's now only recognized as AMD Radeon 6xxx. And now I can't play DRM-protected movies.

Shiki.kext not working for my laptop with HD5500 Broadwell

okay, now i´m totally confused about my Configuration

removed all folders except "other" from EFI/Clover/Kexts, checking my config.plist multiple times, checking all components and Apps, all of them Works fine(Photoshop,AutoCAD,FinalCut,). Only thing that´s fail is iTunes, when choosing Music to listen, buy Apps and Music, no AppleID Authorizing is needed, only at play videos the authorisation is needed.

My Post Installation setup looks exactly :
View attachment 210471

coming to the kexts: thats mystery for me, is it possible that clover lost kexts?

They should not be deleted by clover, they will be copied to another folder like S/L/E (system/library/extensions). At least I hope it's there but your system will not work properly when not.
Shiki.kext FAQ says it's possible that it wont work there, so everything should be fine with your installation because you use EFI/Clover/Kexts.

The last things i could imagine as the problem are the terminal commands you have to use, your version of shiki.kext and at least some cosmic interference.
I'm not a professional in customac, maybe someone other could help you better.

When you tell me how, I could call you or something like that, but we have to post our work later.

I have an XFX 6870 video card. In ML, this was recognized by About this Mac as an AMD Radeon 6870 and DRM-protected movies play just fine. Upgrading to El Capitan, it's now only recognized as AMD Radeon 6xxx. And now I can't play DRM-protected movies.

I think you have to get the graphics card work properly first. Maybe you have to type in the commands again.

Hi guys, i did this fix on my El capitan 10.11.6 and it worked. But yesterday when i tried to watch the live stream of apple music festival i got a black screen and the video was not playing. Any thoughts/solutions? Also today i can't watch the same video on demand i get the same problem. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back