Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading more about how to enable HDCP on my Nvidia 1080. I'm trying to determine the best method to use from the different ones I've seen but I'm a little confused.

Is the goal to enable the internal graphics (mine is Intel HD630) or can the Nvidia card play DRM files on it's own?
Other posts talk about setting 'shikigva=25' but not clear what this does or where it goes...is it a bootflag?

this doesn't work for me... I tried the iMac.kext and my GPU disappears haha I have a Nvida 960 2bg

Hi, I can not fix the Netflix black screen problem on Safari. Who can help me?

I installed shiki.kext version 1.5 for a 10.10 build I have. Purchased videos and Trailers play in hd. Only issue is I get a Random Kernel Panic when I restart. If I try and update to a newer version of shiki.kext I loose playback. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 4.06.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 4.06.14 PM.png
    207.7 KB · Views: 232
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 4.06.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 4.06.34 PM.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 242
I've been reading more about how to enable HDCP on my Nvidia 1080. I'm trying to determine the best method to use from the different ones I've seen but I'm a little confused. [...]

same here, but for Canal+ (french HD TV provider) website (mycanal.fr, need an account to view movie)
I open the website with safari on my hackintosh :
osx 10.13.4 running on core i7-4790, nvidia 1080 with latest nvidia driver, iGP disable

website keep telling me my screen is not HDCP compatible, or in mirror mode, whether I use my computer screen or my TV.
same screen or TV of course works fine with windows using same hardware (multiboot) same HDMI port

Try with Chrome...

:headbang:

I did try Silverlight and Safari => failed
I then try Google Chrome => That Rocks

I need to uninstall sileverlight to be sure and avoid have that crap on my machine :crazy:

Hello All.
I am hoping someone can help me get video working on my system.
I have a fresh install of Sierra (10.12.6), and iTunes (12.7.1.14). Using TRS96's guide for 100% working system based on the HP Elite 8300 i7, with a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 2gb RAM, with Dual monitors (1 DisplayPort, 1 HDMI) and 8gb RAM.

I have attempted to follow the instructions of Shiki. I have installed the latest (2.1.0) with Lilu (1.2.0) by strictly copying the single .kext file into /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and rebooting the computer. I originally tried with KextBeast, but then deleted the .kexts out of /Library/Extensions and copied the files into the EFI path /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

I have tried running the following commands at the CLI:
defaults delete com.apple.coremedia
defaults delete com.apple.AppleGVA
sudo rm -rf /Users/Shared/SC\ Info
sudo defaults delete com.apple.coremedia
sudo defaults delete com.apple.AppleGVA
But everytime I try and start iTunes, I go to my downloaded Rogue One video, and the player is just black, the player seems to be set to 'Play', but the indicator doesn't seem to move, to show that the player is playing something.

I've also tried copying NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into the /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, as I read someone else had success with this in the system, but has not helped me.

When I try and identify the file itself, and I go within the iTunes directory structure, when I click on the file itself, it says, 'Cannot Open' with an exclamation point in yellow and a QuickTime 'Q'.

WHen I tried to use the line in the Shiki FAQ, it talked about a command to get a line written to get the URL of a protected trailer (small file I guess), but when I ran that line, there was no echoed text into the console window.

I appreciate anyone holding my hand to work this to resolution!!!!

Thank you!
-dave

Did you ever find any solutions? I dd everything as well and can't get it to work. I have a GTX 1080 ti.

I was never able to get it to work. My understanding is you need to enable your internal GPU for DRM content to play. A 1080 by itself is not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back