Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still only SD playback. I ran VDADecoderCheck and it doesn't give the output needed. This is what it returns:

GVA error: Not detecting IGPU in IORegistry!
GVA error: Not detecting valid offline codec!
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen6
IOVARendererID property not found
AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer
An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

Can anyone help me with this? I ran the instruction described in post #1.

I fixed the first errors by renaming GFX0 to IGPU and now have this:

GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen9
IOVARendererID property not found
AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer
An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

I believe this is because I have a Maxwell card; unfortunately the iMac.kext that's supposed to fix this breaks the Nvidia web drivers. MacOs can't find my GTX960 then anymore.

My problem is still that while Shiki makes the trailers work; they are in really low quality.

Last edited:
Hello. After reading all the posts and tried almost every suggestion, it still won't work. My last hope are the iMac.kext, which several seems to have succeeded with, but I can't find it :( So now I'm hoping there are a nice person which could deliver a download link for me. Thanks in advance.

Hello. After reading all the posts and tried almost every suggestion, it still won't work. My last hope are the iMac.kext, which several seems to have succeeded with, but I can't find it :( So now I'm hoping there are a nice person which could deliver a download link for me. Thanks in advance.

Download iMac.kext.zip from this post, or Nvidia 980ti.zip from this post.

Thanks to BreBo for delivering the links. Unfortunately I got the same experience at milmber. It caused my NVIDIA drivers to fail, so I had to remove it again.

I've recently found myself experiencing a similar problem. I don't think it is the iMac Kext... Or shouldn't be. What happened was after a fresh install despite the iMac and Shiki kext being in the clover kext folders and the Nvidia Web drivers installed it was fine. it was after I applied the CloverALC audio Patch and the USB fix in Multibeast I had broken Nvidia web drivers. did removing the iMac Kext fix the issue? if so can we expect a fix in the iMac kext?
Spec sheet for notes: Maxwell 970.

EDIT: I would like to point out prior to the format and re install macOS 10.12.1, Nvidia Web Drivers,Shiki kext and the iMac kext were all cooperating nicely.

Ok here is something you can try along with the terminal commands from post #1 that you ran already, no need to run them again - S/L/E and remove this kext AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle - make sure you delete the right one as described, leave it in the Recycle Bin for the moment just incase it doesn't work and you need to put it back. Reboot and try playing movies or trailers in iTunes, This tip worked for me after trying everything else. Good luck.

Thank you, deleting that file actually worked!!! :)

So for anyone who still can't get it to work:

1. I did everything as in the OP
2. Copied shiki.kext to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
3. Deleted /S/L/E/AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
4. Reboot (it froze during bootup)
5. Reboot
6. Profit :)

I tried the terminal commands in the original post, moved Shiki.kext manually(?) into /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, even tried deleting the AppleIntelHD3000...VA...bundle, to no avail.

Any other ideas? Thanks for your assistance!

I'm in the same boat. Went through every post and tried every suggestion, but nothing seems to work.

I recently got iMessage to work, but after a mistake I made which resulted in having to do a full reinstall, I haven't been able to get it to work again. I wonder if they've got me on a list now which, along with preventing me from signing into iMessage, also prevents me from watching stuff that I've purchased through iTunes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back