Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7-3960
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Anyone else having any funny mouse behavior when iTunes is running on Lion?

I am running 10.7.2 with iTunes 10.5.1 and when ITunes is running, the mouse sticks/freezes every few seconds and it happens all the time that iTunes is running. The moment I kill iTunes it stops doing that.

I am running a Unibeast install and the only drivers I loaded was the Audio for my board and the Network driver. I never loaded a driver for my 9800gt as it was detected perfectly by Lion.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?? It's really annoying and makes iTunes unusable.

No uninstalling or changing Itunes versions fixed this but I eventually found the fix.

The problem is related to the kext "AppleUpstreamUserClient.kxt" I only found this out after a LOT of Googling.

The trick is to rename the kext and repair permissions and voila, no more skipping mouse.

To rename:
----------------

cd /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo mv AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext.old

Solved! Thank you!

This fixes the mouse stutter/jump every couple seconds I was having in OS X 10.7.2.

How do you uninstall iTunes? when I try it says it is needed for OSX to work. My issue is every time I try to run iTunes I get a KP. Removing the AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext din't solve my issue.

After removing the AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext I was able to install the latest version of iTunes. So far everything is working fine with no KP.

gbsnplr said:
After removing the AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext I was able to install the latest version of iTunes. So far everything is working fine with no KP.

Great, glad you got it working. That AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext is a problematic kext of note. Be sure to remove/rename it again every time you update the OS.

Works for me :headbang: :headbang:
thanks guys :thumbup:

Finally
Works for me too
thanks a lot

Mac OS X 10.7.4
iTunes 10.6
Asus P7h55M LX
Video GeForce 550Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back