GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I built a Hacktintosh recently and everything is working fine, thanks to the guides of tonymac, but I have now this little glitch, it's not very important, but I find it pretty annoying. I loaded my iTunes library onto the new iTunes 11 on my Hackintosh, and I have this little skipping problem when I want to listen to my music, 3-4 times during each tune, the music stops during maybe 0,5 seconds. It's very annoying, it's like listening to a scratched CD. It does that for every tune that I play, and I tried to downgrade to iTunes 10.7 and the problem is still there. I have a Gigabyte UP5-TH with Realtek 898 audio codec.

Would someone have a solution in mind? Am I the only one to have this iTunes glitch?

Thank you very much

Edit:
I tried playing a song with VLC instead, and I still get some skipping, but I don't think it's the song itself since I tried transferring my music from my iPod and from a CD (which I ripped twice to make sure it was not a ripping error). Would the problem come from the audio playback of Mac OS? I installed Realtek 898 codec (without DSDT).

Would someone have a solution in mind? Am I the only one to have this iTunes glitch?
Try search. Several posts on topic. One of many OS X audio problems for the Z77X-UD5H (non and TB).
No solution. Workarounds:
1. use a different audio device (front panel green, motherboard orange, etc.)
2. leave front mic plugged in.

Thank you very much for your fast answer, and sorry for not having searched enough, it won't happen again!

Hey there. I did use the search bar. Several times. And it keeps bringing me here! So where are these multitude of other posts addressing this issue? It's very frustrating; you gurus always tell us to use the search engine, but the search engine results are invariably jammed with sly references to other, purportedly richly informative posts which are not linked and impossible to find.

I have two identical builds, one of which has the skipping problem and the other doesn't, so I don't think it's a hardware problem. I tried plugging in a microphone anyway, as suggested, but it didn't change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back