Contribute
Register

iTunes HD content not working on my ivy Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't expect a fix anytime soon as this issue is going on 2+ years now with no real solutions to be found. Before iTunes 11.0.2 at least there was the 32bit app mode solution but hasn't worked since.

It is possible my internet is too slow :p

Netflix/Hulu/Amazon use Silverlight so it may or may not be working
iTunes uses Quicktime and it definitely is not working.
Vudu to Go uses Adobe Air and it doesn't work either.

If I enable my HD4000 in addition to the GTX 760 I can get the video to start, but the picture is pink/green garbage.

It is possible my internet is too slow :p

Netflix/Hulu/Amazon use Silverlight so it may or may not be working
iTunes uses Quicktime and it definitely is not working.
Vudu to Go uses Adobe Air and it doesn't work either.

If I enable my HD4000 in addition to the GTX 760 I can get the video to start, but the picture is pink/green garbage.

I can't speak to what DRM is used in Vudu, but Netflix/silverlight work just fine with no issues. This particular problem is specific to iTunes when playing back protected content.

Hi

I just bought a used Dell Latitude 5520 with sandy bridge. (2430m i5) and I have only garbage on HD playback and sometimes the message that I can not use this display to play back HD Itunes movies.

Please advise
lemans

Has anyone tried using Perian (1.2.3 in my case) to set their audio output to "Dolby Pro Logic". I had these issues on my 3,1 system. Then I realized that I had my Audio set to "Multi-channel output". Once I changed it to "Dolby Pro Logic" I was able to watch the HD 1080 movies without the HDCP error on both of my external monitors.

Just a thought to try.

- Philip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back