Contribute
Register

iTunes Crashing: Mojave (macOS 10.14.5), iTunes v12.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same issue. MacPro6,1 RX 580, X99 + i7-5820k. Latest Lilu, WhateverGreen and AppleALC. iTunes was crashing. I applied the shiki flags and had a kernel panic. What solved this, was a complete shutdown and a clean boot from a cold start.

10.14.5 seems to aggressively cache kexts and flags. I think I especially saw issues because I am loading all kexts from Clover's Other folder. I had multiple problems most of which were fixed with a cold start. Also SIP is now 0x3E7 instead of 0x67.

Changing my system definition from MacPr6,1 to iMac Pro fixed the issue with iTunes crashing after 7 seconds. Preview still works as well. I did so using MultiBeast 11.3.0 to change system definition.

MSI Z370M LGA 1151
3.6ghz Core i5 8600K
Radeon RX 570 8GB

I just moved to 10.15, and unfortunately now Apple Music will crash shortly after loading.

Unfortunately for me, the only solution was to switch the system definition to the iMac Pro. Everything else didn't seem to work. Thankfully everything seems to function normally. Kind of strange when I was running 10.14.5beta3 I didn't have the issues that sprung up in the final.

In my case none of the solutions worked yet. The bootflag solution with up-to-date kexts doesn't work (iTunes still crash) and I can't change my system definition, because my Dell U4919DW won't work. Only the MacPro supports the native resolution of my monitor over DisplayPort. So any other suggestions to fix the iTunes crashes under 10.14.5?

//Edit:
Okay, I found my solution. Like I said, I need the Mac Pro system definition for the support of my Dell monitor with the nativ resolution of 5120x1440. So I simply change the definition from MacPro6,1 to MacPro5,1. The monitor still works, iTunes runs like a charm.

Last edited:
Hey. I had hardcore itunes crashes when starting movies (audio files and other stuff worked normal but kernel panic on movies). I could solve it and want to report about it.

I have a quite old Haswell system with a new RX 580 on board (iGPU is deactivated). First, I tried to get hardware accelaraton to work. To check whether hardware accearation is working, I use VideoProc. HEVC and H264 should be working. To do this, LILU+WEG is necessary. Moreover, I found out that in SMBIOS iMacPro 1,1 is the only working profile. However, despite proper hardware accelaration itunes still crashed when starting movies.

Then, I deauthorized my itunes and switched to another SMBIOS profile (say iMac 14.2) to test other profiles on hardware accelaration. Started itunes and it told me to authorize the computer for the other profile. Did not do it and switched back to iMacPro 1,1. Then I started again the movie. Here comes the point: Before crashing, it asked me to authorize my Computer again and I did: Voila, no crash any more! Nice :headbang:

Thank you guys,
I have the same issue with system definition "Mac Pro 6,1"

so I edit it to "iMac Pro", then iTunes works fine!!

Love you guys have a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back