Contribute
Register

iTunes Crashing: Mojave (macOS 10.14.5), iTunes v12.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same issue as well. Have tried astroguys solution and did not work - also tried changing smbios which did not work. This only started to happen after 10.14.5 update. The only thing I have not tried is a clean install 10.14.5 which is my next thing to test.

same issue here with 10.14.5
6.1 MacPro Late 2013 definiton

astroguys solution didn´t worked for me, still crashing

tried also whatevergreen in L/E (lilu.kext is there). Boot flags set, no success :(
Just to give credit where due, it's not my solution. I'm just the guy who made the thread and then tried to post the idiot's guide to it (and I include myself in that category whole-heartedly, I apply this stuff blindly and cross my fingers).

1) Make sure you have WhateverGreen.kext, or put it in your KEXT folder on your EFI volume.
2) Using Clover Configurator, if you have a discrete GPU (AMD/NVIDIA), add this bootflag: shikigva=32. If you have an integrated GPU you're using, the flag is shikigva=40.
3) Also add this bootflag to make it think you're using a different motherboard than the Mac Pro that is the apparent issue: shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94
4) Restart.

Try that. As a side-note, make sure you have the latest USB patches, they changed for 10.14.5 from 10.14.4.
Bizarre, this worked for me! Thanks so much, I was going crazy why it would randomly crash seconds after launch.

still had no luck with this... :(

please see attached screenshot, may you see any mistakes i have made?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-24 um 18.51.48.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-05-24 um 18.51.48.jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 168
What were you doing in FCPX? I just opened it and it opens fine, but I haven't tried to do anything in it.
i was scrubbing through clips about 20min of h264 footage, computer totally froze, hard reboot, happened twice just after i did the fix, reverted and FCPX was fine.

For this problem it might be worth trying as a test:

Remove Whatevergreen.kext and Lilu too, if you don't need it for AppleALC etc.

Use the RadeonDeInit=true flag in your config.plist instead.

Use a reliable System-Definition such as iMac14,2 or iMac18,1/2/3 and install NoVPAJpeg.kext to cure the Mojave Preview problems.

You all seem to have AMD RX GPUs and this alternative is usually very solid and reliable. YMMV. I understand that video encoding might be affected by the changes, but is reliability worth more?

** Be aware if changing Sys-Def it is useful to disconnect from the Internet temporarily so that Apple doesn't see a change of serial-number for your machine. If things work well you can then re-use the original serial again etc.

:)

I don´t know which step is "the step", but know it works!
Tried "RadeonDeInit=true" and "NoVPAJpeg.kext" allone, doesn´t work..
Then with a new version of LILU (1.3.5 instead of 1.2.5) AND ShikiShiki :) . Now ist works!

Edit:
In my Setup I can confirm only the new version of LILU was the trick.
"RadeonDeInit=true" and "NoVPAJpeg.kext" are not necessary for me.

Thanks for your advices!

Last edited:
Same problem here after updating to 10.14.5 using Mac Pro 6.1 SMBIOS.

Then with a new version of LILU (1.3.5 instead of 1.2.5) AND ShikiShiki :) . Now ist works!

I'm using latest Lilu and Whatevergreen so this can't be the solution.

Edit:
Changing shiki id as well solves this.

I wonder if same problem occurs on a real Mac Pro 6.1.

Last edited:
"For me" this (with shikigva=40 and shikiid) was this the solution. In my setup it is reproducable. 1.2.5 doesn't - 1.3.5 does.
sorry for your setup, this doesn't work.
Well as in my latest edit, solved at last :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back