Contribute
Register

iTunes Crashing: Mojave (macOS 10.14.5), iTunes v12.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys,
I have the same issue with system definition "Mac Pro 6,1"

so I edit it to "iMac Pro", then iTunes works fine!!

Love you guys have a good day
Using Multi-Beast to change it, I have 6700K and RX580 8GB what should I use? because my system work perfect but the only issue is that freaking iTunes that Auto-Close every 10 sec

1) Make sure you have WhateverGreen.kext, or put it in your KEXT folder on your EFI volume.
2) Using Clover Configurator, if you have a discrete GPU (AMD/NVIDIA), add this bootflag: shikigva=32. If you have an integrated GPU you're using, the flag is shikigva=40.
3) Also add this bootflag to make it think you're using a different motherboard than the Mac Pro that is the apparent issue: shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94
4) Restart.

Try that. As a side-note, make sure you have the latest USB patches, they changed for 10.14.5 from 10.14.4.
Thanks so much. This fixed me!

For future reference, learn not to be so quick to update every time an update drops. Especially if its just a minor update because these updates can cause problems on some computers. If your Mac seems to be running fine on its current OS, I suggest leaving it as is until a major update arrives. Its just not worth spending hours upon hours trying to find a fix over a minor update. I have learned to do this from my own experiences.

For future reference, learn not to be so quick to update every time an update drops. Especially if its just a minor update because these updates can cause problems on some computers. If your Mac seems to be running fine on its current OS, I suggest leaving it as is until a major update arrives. Its just not worth spending hours upon hours trying to find a fix over a minor update. I have learned to do this from my own experiences.
For me, this was basically a new system on which I had installed 10.14.4, then the next night Apple released x.5. So I figured since I was already in the install/update mode, I might as well go for it since I knew it was unlikely I'd bother later.

In my case (shikigva=40 and shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94) didn't work. I can watch trailers and SD Movies, but unfortunately nothing in HD. Is there may be another way to get iTunes to work?

Weird. I was experiencing some system instability which was killing some long runs of code for work (weeks), so I got rid of the shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 flag on boot. System has been stable for 2 days at this point, and iTunes has not crashed, so I'm cautiously optimistic at least on my end.

I tried all variants (shikigva=1/32/40) with and without shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94, but unfortunately without success.
I have tried a lot already and this seemed to be the most promising. What else can I try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back