Contribute
Register

iTunes crashes constantly on Dell Precision 5510 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ioreg here.
Please read "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

Kitchen sink approach in ACPI/patched. Looks like a mess.
IORegistry uploaded.

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    3.9 MB · Views: 130
Files updated for the problems scenario.
IORegistry uploaded.

Problems:
- MacBookPro13,3 is a poor choice. Use MacBookPro13,1 or even MacBookPro11,1 (or MacBookAir6,2)
- you have not implemented graphics correctly (you're using an invalid ig-platform-id... graphics not expected to work correctly without graphics drivers starting)

Problems:
- MacBookPro13,3 is a poor choice. Use MacBookPro13,1 or even MacBookPro11,1 (or MacBookAir6,2)
- you have not implemented graphics correctly (you're using an invalid ig-platform-id... graphics not expected to work correctly without graphics drivers starting)
- Will switch to MBP13,1
- Are you talking about 0x191b0000? But that's what has been working for Sierra (and High Sierra). So does 0x19160000. 0x19120000 doesn't work at all.

Problems:
Also could you specify why MBP13,3 is a poor choice?

Ive had it on both Hacks & my MacBook Pro 2012. Revert to older version.
How much older? I downloaded iTunes 12.6.1 and it started crashing after a reboot...

- Will switch to MBP13,1
- Are you talking about 0x191b0000? But that's what has been working for Sierra (and High Sierra). So does 0x19160000. 0x19120000 doesn't work at all.

Your ioreg shows ig-platform-id 0x12345678.

Your ioreg shows ig-platform-id 0x12345678.
I must have uploaded the ioreg I extracted when I booted with an invalid ig-platform-id. The problem is iTunes only crashes when the ig-platform-id is valid. I'm reverting iTunes to an older version to see if it helps.

I must have uploaded the ioreg I extracted when I booted with an invalid ig-platform-id. The problem is iTunes only crashes when the ig-platform-id is valid. I'm reverting iTunes to an older version to see if it helps.

Problem reporting files must represent the problem scenario.

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    4.3 MB · Views: 110
If this is version 12.6.2 it has problems. i.e Crashing.
I went as far as 12.6.0, which complains an unknown error occurred every time I open it. It's still crashing. :| It doesn't seem like it's iTunes' problem, also I haven't had any crash with iTunes 12.6.2 on Hackintosh Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back