Contribute
Register

iTunes Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah you could go around that route tbh but i didn't do that i just built a Sandy Bridge machine because i was given a core i5 2500k and looked around for the motherboard for the chip and went with the H61N-USB3 and now iTunes movie content works :thumbup: also another thing i would like to say with this Sandy build is that i also have HDMI audio :headbang:

Unfortunately I have more time than money and not lucky enough to be presented with a Sandy, the wife already moans about how much I spend on my rig (lol), my Haswell cost me close to £250 at the time, so imagined how peeved I was when I realised I couldn't play my iTunes purchases so windows was my only option. By the way, sounds like you got a real kickass setup there.

this is the weird think tho i can't get my head around this tho but the music i buy from iTunes plays perfectly fine on my ivy bridge and haswel hackintosh but movie files doesn't its strange tbh

this is the weird think tho i can't get my head around this tho but the music i buy from iTunes plays perfectly fine on my ivy bridge and haswel hackintosh but movie files doesn't its strange tbh

Yea that's a weird one, you would think if it played one why not the other??!!! - On another note, did you get continuity setup and working? if you did I will have to pick your brains on what to buy to get mine going etc etc if you don't mind - cheers !!!

yeah its weird indeed all of my music is purchased and plays fine not movies and yeah continuity works perfect same with iMessage and FaceTime also handoff works perfect for me also phone calls and SMS works perfectly fine got everything working perfect also the wifi/blueooth i went with one out of a iMac 2013 heres the link to it hope this helps... its a bit pricey but its worth it :thumbup:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABWB-WIFI...ther_Computing_Networking&hash=item5d514c7fbf

yeah its weird indeed all of my music is purchased and plays fine not movies and yeah continuity works perfect same with iMessage and FaceTime also handoff works perfect for me also phone calls and SMS works perfectly fine got everything working perfect also the wifi/blueooth i went with one out of a iMac 2013 heres the link to it hope this helps... its a bit pricey but its worth it :thumbup:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABWB-WIFI...ther_Computing_Networking&hash=item5d514c7fbf

Sweet!!! - You are a Diamond Geezer, all I gotta do now is try and order this lot when the wife is distracted (lol). I will let you know when its done - Thanks again for the info.

no problem your welcome :thumbup:

yeah its weird indeed all of my music is purchased and plays fine not movies..

Apple dropped DRM on their music files in iTunes years ago because it was a massive headache for consumers wanting to play their iTunes music purchases on non Apple hardware

Video relies on a video codec and has a different/more complexed signal path so presents other obsticals compared to audio.

Hmmm, its downloading video from server...buy its not playing.
Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 8.47.01 PM.png
Music playing is working.

it downloads fine but you can't play it on ivy or haswel it will play on sandy and core 2 processors fine

matter of a fact Mavericks and Yosemite has this issue how ever I'm going to try try mountain lion and lion to see if this problem still occurs because I'm pretty sure Sandy will play DRM protected content but I'm guessing Mavericks and Yosemite breaks this.. same issue on sandy which is wield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back