Contribute
Register

[HALF-SUCCESS] iTunes 12.7 constantly crashing (random messages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep I'm using lilu and intelgraphicsfix the only one that I'm missing is shiki, but I am going to install it...
What is the best way to install it, with kext utility or clover, kexts, other?
Me too, @MorenoAv, using native graphics, lilu and FakePCIID kexts to fix this thing. Whatever this is, it is hackintosh related, and we can probably forget Apple doing anything about it.

@tamgya, @familygw, @elmacci- would you guys mind posting a few of your crash reports?

Will do next time - i am currently running with shikigva=1 and did not have a single itunes crash since.

FWIW, I already opened an issue on github with vit9696, the creator of lilu.
https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/issues/20

He did already respond, suggesting that we try a clean install without shiki and lilu installed to see if it is really related to lilu/shiki. If itunes crashes then, it is most likely not related to lilu/shiki.

Another test would be compiling lilu 1.20 fresh from source and try it without/with shiki - to see if it is really lilu.kext or maybe just shiki.kext.

I will try a clean install the coming weekend, dont have enough time before. But maybe one of you guys wanna try it? :-D

@tamgya, @familygw, @elmacci- would you guys mind posting a few of your crash reports?

I just did a fresh install of HS on my mackintosh and managed to run iTunes before upgrading it to 12.7. And voila, iTunes 12.6 still crashes. Here are the two crash reports of iTunes 12.6 on HS.

Attachments

• iTunes_2017-10-05-021636_ion.crash.txt
    101.5 KB · Views: 216
  • iTunes_2017-10-05-021724_ion.crash.txt
    104.2 KB · Views: 120
I just did a fresh install of HS on my mackintosh and managed to run iTunes before upgrading it to 12.7. And voila, iTunes 12.6 still crashes. Here are the two crash reports of iTunes 12.6 on HS.

Are you using the Shiki and Lilu kexts? If do, remove Shiki and try again.

Same issues, but I'm getting SIGSEGV error as well.

@elmacci We sure that Lilu is the culprit here?

No, actually the experiences you shared and the feedback from vit9696 are clear signs that i must have been mistaken when i said that itunes works without lilu/shiki and quicksync enabled.
So I did further testing, and after 5 - 10 times of opening and closing bought itunes videos itunes did indeed crash again.

I was under the impression that it does work - and itunes does indeed crash, but more seldom than with lilu/shiki. Thats why i initially thought lilu/shiki might be the culprit.

Scenario 1: QuickSync enabled, NO shikigva=1, Lilu and shiki --> itunes crashes instantly when I open a bought movie
Scenario 2: QuickSync enabled, NO shikigva=1, NO Lilu/Shiki --> iTunes crashes NOT instantly, but after 5-10 times of trying to open a bought movie.

Should've tested Scenario 2 more extensively, sorry for that.

So we are back to square one...

Seems like Apple changed something in the AppleGVA.framework in High Sierra. The problem is that itunes does work perfectly under high sierra on my genuine mac. So Apple is most likely not going to fix anything.

If its a hackintosh related issue, I truly dont know where to look next...

Seems like Apple changed something in the AppleGVA.framework in High Sierra.

Agree, it does not work well for Nvidiaweb driver, also HD5xx/6xx + NV GPU, GVA decoder does supported and not work, but when using Haswell GT1/GT2 + NV GPU + native NV kext, VDADecoder work correctly.

Attached pngs are the results of Celeron 1840 + Haswell GT1 + NV GT730.

Attachments

• VDA check.png
    VDA check.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 139
  • iTune IQSV.png
    iTune IQSV.png
    2 MB · Views: 176
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back