Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 12.20.08 PM.png

iTunes 11.1 is now available for download. This version of iTunes comes with several major new features, including:

iTunes Radio. iTunes Radio is a great new way to discover music. Choose from over 250 stations or start a new one from your favorite artist or song. Enjoy iTunes Radio ad-free once you subscribe to iTunes Match.

Genius Shuffle. Introducing a magical new way to experience your music library. Choose Genius Shuffle and iTunes instantly plays songs that go great together. Click it again to hear something new—enjoying your music has never been this easy.

Podcast Stations. You can now create custom stations of your favorite podcasts that update automatically with new episodes. Your stations, subscriptions, and current play position sync over iCloud to the Podcasts app.

Sync with iOS 7. You can now use iTunes to sync your favorite music, movies, and more to devices with iOS 7. In addition, iTunes now makes it even easier to quickly organize and sync apps to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Note: If you are using OS X Mavericks, your book library can now be found in iBooks for Mac.​

Update via Software Update, or download here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1614

If I try to update iTunes through the App Store, I get the following error message:

"The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1102.)(102)"

I will try to download and update manually. Wasn't sure if it's a server issue, or if anyone else is experiencing this problem :?:

Edit: I'm running ML 10.8.5

I had the same issue too. You must agree the terms and conditions, it will pop up somewhere in your mac when you check for updates. Once you accept it will update to iTunes 11.1.

Yeah, no idea why but I had to download the .dmg from Apple.com rather than using the regular update.

So far I'm a big fan of the new iTunes Radio. It has several things I like better than Pandora and other similar services. I hope they continue to create "featured stations" with interesting themes.

I tried to upgrade and the installation failed and now it won't recognize my iphone any more! Of course the only information I got from the installer was that worthless message that the installation failed. No further information. Anyone have an idea of how I can find out what exactly went wrong during the installation?

I tried to upgrade and the installation failed and now it won't recognize my iphone any more!

After I installed 11.1, my iphone was not recognized either... An hour later, my computer crashed and restarted. (It almost never crashes). After it restarted my iphone was recognized. Try restarting.

Hey does anybody know if 10.85 is required for iTunes 11

I like the other 50 million people have upgraded my iOS 7 on my phone and it needs a new iTunes I am currently running 10.82 but am installing 10.84 on my hac

After I installed iTunes 11.1, my movies and TV shows purchased from iTunes store cannot be played. I read that this happens for anything older than 11.0.1 and you have to run 11.0.1 in 32-bit mode in order for it to work and you still won't be able to do it for HD.

Is there a fix for this out there? Or do I need to go back to iTunes 10.7 (because I can't seem to find a download for 11.0.1). I think I'm fine if my iTunes cannot recognize my iOS7 devices for now, I'd rather be able to enjoy my videos first.

Someone PLEASE HELP ME!

After I installed iTunes 11.1, my movies and TV shows purchased from iTunes store cannot be played. I read that this happens for anything older than 11.0.1 and you have to run 11.0.1 in 32-bit mode in order for it to work and you still won't be able to do it for HD.

Is there a fix for this out there? Or do I need to go back to iTunes 10.7 (because I can't seem to find a download for 11.0.1). I think I'm fine if my iTunes cannot recognize my iOS7 devices for now, I'd rather be able to enjoy my videos first.

Someone PLEASE HELP ME!

Yeah this is getting very difficult to manage - especially with iOS7 out, it is getting much harder to manage "devices that require iTunes 11.1 to function" with "purchased video that won't play on any version of iTunes newer than 11.0.1". Can anyone figure out WHY this is happening? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back