Contribute
Register

iTunes 11.1.3 Video not playing (SD/HD/DRM Content) - solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very surprised that none of the major developers have acknowledged or even indicated looking into this problem. For many people getting into the Apple ecosystem means getting into the DRM side of things too. The Mac App store, iTunes, and all the DRM therein. You simply cannot operate an OSX environment anymore without getting into Apple's DRM issues and this concept will be exacerbated 10x when Yosemite launches.

We have had people take the time to develop custom audio kexts, port ethernet drivers from Linux, and the colossal work put into bootloaders. Not to mention things like the imessage fix.

If the best we can hope for is that only non-DRM software will work in an OSX environment I'd like to see what reason anyone should bother with a Hackintosh over a Linux distro.

This issue seems to undermine all the great work done by several huge communities and nobody seems to care or acknowledge the problem exists outside of a few enthusiasts. In the interest of protecting my investment in so much Apple software I'm going to just end up wasting several thousand dollars on a MacPro, but the reality is that the whole reason for the Hackintosh scene exists because Apple charges an arm-and-a-leg for inferior hardware.

Given the problems and engineering challenges solved by these communities, I'm very surprised that this issue isn't paramount nor is any effort being discussed in fixing it.

Do we need to gather resources and post a bounty? I will seriously contribute money towards a bounty if we need to start one.

this issue may never get resolved until apple certifies variations in the gpu's being used..
this is the reason that windows 8 users don't have this issue..
for me its the only reason i have a drive with 8.1 installed so i can watch iTunes hd content..

this issue may never get resolved until apple certifies variations in the gpu's being used..
this is the reason that windows 8 users don't have this issue..
for me its the only reason i have a drive with 8.1 installed so i can watch iTunes hd content..
Apple has no reason to resolve the issue as their hardware works. I love iTunes my entire movie/audio collection is is organised around their Apps. Can't flaw this feature at all.

Yes. I have it connected. See my first post.
No way...

Update with Yos DP 6... Still not working (with DisplayPort CinemaDisplay!)
See Attachment.

Attachments

• Mavericks, iTunes12, Haswell MacPro.jpg
    Mavericks, iTunes12, Haswell MacPro.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 1,013
I'm very surprised that none of the major developers have acknowledged or even indicated looking into this problem. For many people getting into the Apple ecosystem means getting into the DRM side of things too. The Mac App store, iTunes, and all the DRM therein. You simply cannot operate an OSX environment anymore without getting into Apple's DRM issues and this concept will be exacerbated 10x when Yosemite launches.

We have had people take the time to develop custom audio kexts, port ethernet drivers from Linux, and the colossal work put into bootloaders. Not to mention things like the imessage fix.

If the best we can hope for is that only non-DRM software will work in an OSX environment I'd like to see what reason anyone should bother with a Hackintosh over a Linux distro.

This issue seems to undermine all the great work done by several huge communities and nobody seems to care or acknowledge the problem exists outside of a few enthusiasts. In the interest of protecting my investment in so much Apple software I'm going to just end up wasting several thousand dollars on a MacPro, but the reality is that the whole reason for the Hackintosh scene exists because Apple charges an arm-and-a-leg for inferior hardware.

Given the problems and engineering challenges solved by these communities, I'm very surprised that this issue isn't paramount nor is any effort being discussed in fixing it.

Do we need to gather resources and post a bounty? I will seriously contribute money towards a bounty if we need to start one.

+1 excellent 'shadywack'
Although I dislike quoting posts entirely, this was such a good post I had to quote and endorse everything in it!
This seems to be a mystery of silence and no information that helps at all.

Just curious, have you tried it only with your Display Port Cinema display plugged in? It looks like you have a Dell monitor too, have you tried unplugging that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back