Contribute
Register

iTunes 11.1.3 Video not playing (SD/HD/DRM Content) - solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5-TH, Clover
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 760, HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi everybody,

a happy new year to all of you guys!

I have read a lot of posts to the problem with buyed video content from the iTunes Store. Not found a solution yet. I don´t want to downgrade to iTunes 11.0.1 with my library.

my Hack ist (October 2013, Haswell build):

* Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
* Intel i7 4770K, 3.9 GHz
* nVidia GTX 760, the internal Intel HD 4600 is disabled!
* 16 GB DDR3, 1600 MHz
* Mavericks 10.9.1, iTunes 11.1.3 (8)
* Apple 27" CinemaDisplay - (mini) DisplayPort
* DELL U2412M (1) - DVI
* DELL U2412M (2) - DVI

(no problems - except the title above - iMessage, AppStore, FaceTime working fine)

My HD-content from the iTunes Store works (plays) on this machine under (real booted) Windows (7 and 8.1).
It also playes under VMware Windows. The content playes fine under my real macs.
It streames fine to the AppleTV.

Only in iTunes (oder doubleclick to QuickTime Player or VLC) i become a black screen. The same in "previews" in the iTunes Movie Store. Not playing. I think a couple of weeks ago, this wasn´t a problem...

I have tried the following with no success:
* only one Display (with/without Displayport)
* only internal graphics with Intel HD (itunes DRM Content/Previews causes FREEZEs !!)
* other graphics card (Radeon HD)
* fresh install of Mavericks / new user
* varius BIOS Settings

Is this a hackintosh related problem only?

Can someone help on this problem?

thank you guys!

There is no known solution yet for playing protected content on Ivy/Haswell system yet. Even doing a rollback to older versions of iTunes don't work for most people myself included.

This has been an issue since 11.0.1 so not sure how you had it working a few weeks ago.

Well, I have a Z68/2600K combo, and I have the problem, LOL.

It was the same problem with the Z77 I swapped out to try and fix this very issue.

Basically, the *best* I can do with this current setup is the itunes-rented HD1080P movie will start playing perfectly for oh, about 5 seconds or so, then it will go black and stop, and pressing the play button does nothing.

The problem that affects most people with Intel Graphics and DRM Video is in the driver.
The AppleIntelFB* kext is patched to recognise different chipset ID.
This breaks the signature of the driver, which OSX detects.
Because of that, it disables the "secure/protected path" (stuff related to COPP/HDCP) that iTunes requires to play the videos.
If you pay attention to your boot log (Booting with kernel flag -v), you will see at some point a driver failure that disables DRM related features.

Not sure if anybody cares but, I got tired of trying to get the 2600k SB/Z68/HD3000 to play iTunes 1080p DRM, so I went out to the local Beast Buy and got a 1GB "Galaxy" Nvidia GT 610. Changed to the MacPro5,1 definition (after deleting the MyTCE kext that causes boot KP) Voila---1080p iTunes works perfectly in 10.9.1. And Toleda's HDMI edits worked perfectly for HDMI audio on this board (not that they didn't on the HD3000 as well). I would've liked to keep the HD3000 and the $20 or so I spent (had a gift card leftover from Christmas), because using the integrated graphics uses the least amount of power, but the GT610 is a nice alternative, and it barely uses any extra power over the HD3000 apparently (from my UPS watt meter).

Not sure what my issue is. I even did a clean reinstall of Mavericks with Unibeast and the like, and still no luck; iTunes 1080p videos would still either give me the pink artifact screen (using a MacbookPro8,1 definition, where the hardware renderer was working perfectly) or would play perfectly for 10 seconds then go black and stop (using a system def where the hardware assist did not load, such as MacPro3,1).

But whatever---just for any of those who got fed up like me---go get a cheap nvidia card if you can afford to. Problem solved in an instant.

Not sure if anybody cares but, I got tired of trying to get the 2600k SB/Z68/HD3000 to play iTunes 1080p DRM, so I went out to the local Beast Buy and got a 1GB "Galaxy" Nvidia GT 610. Changed to the MacPro5,1 definition (after deleting the MyTCE kext that causes boot KP) Voila---1080p iTunes works perfectly in 10.9.1. And Toleda's HDMI edits worked perfectly for HDMI audio on this board (not that they didn't on the HD3000 as well). I would've liked to keep the HD3000 and the $20 or so I spent (had a gift card leftover from Christmas), because using the integrated graphics uses the least amount of power, but the GT610 is a nice alternative, and it barely uses any extra power over the HD3000 apparently (from my UPS watt meter).

Not sure what my issue is. I even did a clean reinstall of Mavericks with Unibeast and the like, and still no luck; iTunes 1080p videos would still either give me the pink artifact screen (using a MacbookPro8,1 definition, where the hardware renderer was working perfectly) or would play perfectly for 10 seconds then go black and stop (using a system def where the hardware assist did not load, such as MacPro3,1).

But whatever---just for any of those who got fed up like me---go get a cheap nvidia card if you can afford to. Problem solved in an instant.

Right but this "fix" only applies to Sandy Bridge not Ivy or Haswell right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back