Contribute
Register

iTunes 11.1.3 Video not playing (SD/HD/DRM Content) - solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(DRM Protected Content) in iTunes works perfect on my H61N-USB3- Core i5 2500K- 6870. Even in 10.11.3 only thing is I'm not using HD3000. Having onboard IGPU enabled breaks it.

So this is giving me hope. Jbamford, what SMBIOS are you using? I'm also wondering if they've tightened iTunes restrictions to prevent playback on monitors connected via DVI (mine doesn't have an HDMI connector). How are you guys connected? I have my on-chip HD3000 disabled in BIOS and in Clover as well.

So this is giving me hope. Jbamford, what SMBIOS are you using? I'm also wondering if they've tightened iTunes restrictions to prevent playback on monitors connected via DVI (mine doesn't have an HDMI connector). How are you guys connected? I have my on-chip HD3000 disabled in BIOS and in Clover as well.

Im using Mac Pro 3.1. Also using 2 Mini display ports and a DVI. I can confirm that it also works with a ATI Radeon 5450 using either HDMI or DVI.

Does HD content work in Windows on your set-up? That would suggest your monitor and connection are not the issue and would lead me to believe the video card that is causing your issue. Integrated graphics are disabled in my bios. I am using an hdmi connection to a 4K vizio 65" TV through Yamaha receiver. Although I see others have confirmed it is working with similar AMD cards. I should also add that my setup is under clover and I am running the most recent version of OS X. Try smbios 3,1 or other smbios that is tied to AMD card to see if that makes a difference. Especially if your system plays HD content in Windows as configured.

I wouldn't know. I don't have Windows on my Sandy Build just OS X.

Sorry, I was asking SINGJ -- his profile indicates that his SB system is set up to dual boot Windows and OS x :crazy:

Series 6 (Sandy Bridge) has never been an issue, only Ivy+.

Good to hear. Several changes in my setup happened at the same time so it's a matter of setting aside a weekend to make changes one at a time and try to ferret out the cause of my issues.

Attempted:

Intel HD3000 active / inactive in BIOS and in Clover (no difference)
Graphics enabler active / inactive in Clover using Duckweed framebuffer (no difference)

Not yet attempted:

Reverting to different SMBIOS (previously Macbook Pro 8,2 - currently iMac 12,2)
Trying a different monitor (current display DVI only; worked previously)
Messing with Clover drivers / settings - lots of self-education to do in this area

Maybe I'll eventually be able to get functionality back. :) /optimistic

Sorry, I was asking SINGJ -- his profile indicates that his SB system is set up to dual boot Windows and OS x :crazy:

Yes - I can access the same iTunes library and play the content on this machine under Windows without issue (aside from occasional massive database corruption from switching back and forth).

Doesn't matter wether you have (ATI injection) or not. What matters is disabling HD 3000 with clover and in the BIOS. My setup is different to your as I'm using a (DSDT to inject not clover).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back