Contribute
Register

iTunes 11.1.3 Video not playing (SD/HD/DRM Content) - solved?

Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V 3603 BIOS
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
EVGA GTX680 2GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Right but this "fix" only applies to Sandy Bridge not Ivy or Haswell right?
No idea---but I assume it would work on Ivy/Haswell Z68/77/87 as IIRC the issue is related to the HD3000/4000/haswell video drivers, which would not be in use if you added an external card.

Maybe somebody else can verify?

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5-TH, Clover
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 760, HD 4600
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Buy and got a 1GB "Galaxy" Nvidia GT 610. Changed to the MacPro5,1 definition (after deleting the MyTCE kext that causes boot KP) Voila---1080p iTunes works perfectly in 10.9.1.
hi,

NO - not for Haswell Chipset. Just tried your MacPro 5.1 (and AppleTyMCEDriver.kext delete) suggest/workaround...
not working with nVidia GTX 760.

Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V 3603 BIOS
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
EVGA GTX680 2GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Really? Thats odd...I coulda swore that the problem was entirely with the IntelGraphics kexts---which shouldn't be loaded at all when you disable the internal graphics.

Sorry for getting peoples hopes up then.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
The problem that affects most people with Intel Graphics and DRM Video is in the driver.
The AppleIntelFB* kext is patched to recognise different chipset ID.
This breaks the signature of the driver, which OSX detects.
Because of that, it disables the "secure/protected path" (stuff related to COPP/HDCP) that iTunes requires to play the videos.
If you pay attention to your boot log (Booting with kernel flag -v), you will see at some point a driver failure that disables DRM related features.
So is there any way to restore the original kexts and not use intel graphics? Or will that result in the system not working?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87-HD3
CPU
Intel Core i5 4430 3.0GHz Haswell
Graphics
Gigabyte GT640 2GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
So is there any way to restore the original kexts and not use intel graphics? Or will that result in the system not working?
Has there been any further success with this issue - just upgraded to a Haswell customac and now i can't play my DRMed content :(

Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V 3603 BIOS
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
EVGA GTX680 2GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Has there been any further success with this issue - just upgraded to a Haswell customac and now i can't play my DRMed content :(
It must not be something (easily) fixable, as you would think somebody would have worked on it by now.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87-HD3
CPU
Intel Core i5 4430 3.0GHz Haswell
Graphics
Gigabyte GT640 2GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Has anyone tried this? I'm thinking disable the internal graphics and copy whatever kexts were patched over from my MBP. If it's not been tried I'm happy to test if anyone knows what kexts need replaced?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
Core i5 4670K
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Just discovered this with my new Haswell build. I hope it doesn't affect other kinds of iTunes store purchases.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7 3770K 3.5 GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 760 4GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have this issue on my system also.

If I activate my HD4000 the video will start playing but it's a green garbled mess. Without the HD4000 it's just a black screen.