Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
iTunes 10
iTunes makes it easy to enjoy your favorite music, movies, TV shows and more on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
September 24, 2010 - 84 MB (Mac) 71.54 MB (Win 32) 72.41 MB (Win 64)
Download

Well, things had been running well for quite some time. Until today, I decided to download the Itunes update and install it. Everything went well, until the reboot, it now stays stuck loading on the white Apple page and then puts up a graphic, like the do not enter, or no symbol and the wheel continues to spin endlessly.

http://www.psdgraphics.com/icons/warnin ... ot-symbol/

What did I do wrong? Was I not supposed to update Itunes and is this problem recoverable or do I have to start from scratch? :banghead:

Thanks in advance.

Any chance while installing the update you may have inadvertently updated your operating system to 10.6.5 without running multibeast afterward?

Boot form you tonymac install cd and once you're in the operating system, run multibeast again however you had it successfully working the first time.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    628.2 KB · Views: 155
hi im having this same problem, so i updated to 10.6.6 and ran multibeast afterward, everything went fine and it booted right up after restarting it. i was trying to access the itunes store and it said that in order to do so i had to update to itunes 10 which i did. Software update opened up and installed itunes and prompted me to restart, after i restarted mac os x wouldn't boot up anymore it just said to press and hold the power button every time. the only way to boot up was in safe mode (-x) but i didnt know what to do from there so i re-installed mac os x and now im afraid to update any mac software what should i do? any help would be appreciated thanks! :confused:

Before and after updating Apple s/w, including the OS, repair permissions in Disk Utility or Onyx. Aways!

Sometimes, the s/w updates thru Apple's s/w update app are...well, broken. Wait a couple of days before updating and read the comments on MacIntouch.com which you should read every afternoon or evening, anyway. (This advise is probably OBE'd in your case.)

Try downloading the latest iTune update from Apple's download site and try again. I think each iTunes updates are the full current version of iTunes. (Please compare file size as I could be wrong. I was once, along time ago.)

If none of the above works,
- Delete you /Extra folder;
- Re-install 10.6.6 with the 10.6.6 Combo updater BUT, don't let it re-boot;
- Re-run MultiBeast and re-boot;
- Repair permissions; and finally..
- Re-install iTunes with the download from Apple's iTunes (dedicated) page, not an update (and, optionally, repair permissions again).

Hope this helps. It's a pain when a situation like yours happens. But, be advised, it also happens to Mac owners as well as with other operating systems and apps in those OSs. I've never had this happen, but I've read the war stories.

Hey man thanks i will try this as soon as i get home! So i will go to the itunes website and download itunes directly and after it installs i will not reboot right? so then in order to set the permissions do i have to go to multibeast and check the permissions and install again? or is there a different way? thanks!

so i went onto apple.com and downloaded itunes through there and it worked fine! maybe something in the software update caused my machine to corrupt? thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back