2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
download_hero.jpg

itunes.jpeg

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Last edited by a moderator:
Working fine for me as well.

Genius works is OK with EFI Ethernet strings!

So... the last time I updated iTunes with Software Update, I had some serious kernel panics. Should this be expected with every iTunes update?

The offending next was voodoohda, which I have not re-installed.

10.6.1 update caused a kernel panic while installing update...

I restarted and got kernel panic again

then restarted and boot into single user mode, and checked fsck -fy thing.. now everything looks OK

also checked if itunes updated correctly and it looks OK too

btw Im using voodoohda kext and deleted apple hda kext before, maybe it caused the kernel panic, also looked S/L/E if this update re-installed applehda kext but it wasnt there.

Im using os x lion 10.7.3 with the system in my profile and this was the first kernel panic I get while running os x. :banghead:

I had several kernel panics while booting at grey screen but never had kernel panic after booting correctly and desktop comes in.

iTunes 10.6.1 caused a KP for me, also.

I am not using the Voodoo kext, and up until now I have not had any issue with updates. Anyone have any ideas what else could be causing the KPs?

bion said:
10.6.1 update caused a kernel panic while installing update...

I restarted and got kernel panic again

then restarted and boot into single user mode, and checked fsck -fy thing.. now everything looks OK

also checked if itunes updated correctly and it looks OK too

btw Im using voodoohda kext and deleted apple hda kext before, maybe it caused the kernel panic, also looked S/L/E if this update re-installed applehda kext but it wasnt there.

Im using os x lion 10.7.3 with the system in my profile and this was the first kernel panic I get while running os x. :banghead:

I had several kernel panics while booting at grey screen but never had kernel panic after booting correctly and desktop comes in.

Bion - any chance you also update iPhoto at the same time? I had the same problem as you, but I'm wondering if updating them both caused the KP.

It doesn't sound like this is really a problem for most people, but I updated iPhoto separate from iTunes and the updates went fine.

Just an FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back