Contribute
Register

iTunes 10.5 Crashes When Enabling Genius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you using an USB network adapter? I think my method is works only with PCI network card or built-in network chipset.

nyolc8 said:
Do you using an USB network adapter? I think my method is works only with PCI network card or built-in network chipset.

I use a USB WLAN adapter, but the MB has built-in Ethernet. I just cant figure out how to turn it on... Maybe it's disabled in the BIOS. Please hold...

EDIT
The onboard NIC was disabled in the BIOS. However, when I enabled it, it crashed my USB devices. AND it took about 20 minutes to boot up. I had no keyboard or mouse. So, I rebooted, thinking I would disable again. When I tried to go back into the BIOS, my keyboard wouldn't work. I know, weird right? So, I had to dig up a PS/2 keyboard and plug it in. Got back into the BIOS, disabled on-board LAN and now I'm back. Same boat... Same frustration over Match. :cry:

kkoenning said:
Tried, killed 2nd monitor, wrong resolution on 1st monitor, only one (wrong) resolution available, and genius still crashes iTunes.

Now what?

Updating Chimera seems to have fixed the issue.

The DSDL fix posted by nyolc8 worked for me! Might also be a combination of the methods 1 and 2 from the previously linked page in addition, though. It didn't work with just those two trials, but I got around to changing around my DSDT today and it worked out. However, it kernel panicked on the first boot after replacing the DSDT, but after that it worked fine (my computer always KPs on next boot after changing a file like that.)

GA-Z68XP-UD3P

Thanks guys!

i could never get any of these fixes to work on my machine. however itunes 10.6 that was released today seems to have fixed it on its own!

I have the same experience as crakd. The 10.6 release of iTunes has fixed the issue. Hooray! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back