Contribute
Register

iTunes 10.5 Crashes When Enabling Genius

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get a refund. Contact Apple

Match issues aside, is it safe to do the iTunes update to 10.5.2? It seems I have to do it in order to be able to read the library that I dragged over from the macbook. I just didn't think when installing it on that one...

So I backed up the system drive and installed the iTunes update. So far it seems to work fine for me. I didn't check out the match feature or the genius or ping things yet. Match would be cool, though.

Alfa147x said:
You can get a refund. Contact Apple

So, I contacted their support saying essentially "I can't get Match working on my Mac and I'd like a refund"

iTunes Support said:
Moving on, please note that your request for a refund for "iTunes Match" was carefully considered; however, according to the iTunes Store Terms of Sale, all purchases made on the iTunes Store are final. This policy matches Apple's refund policies and provides protection for copyrighted materials.

Guess we're out of luck :thumbdown:

kryz said:
So I backed up the system drive and installed the iTunes update. So far it seems to work fine for me. I didn't check out the match feature or the genius or ping things yet. Match would be cool, though.

Yep, I haven't had any trouble with iTunes as a whole, it just seems to be the Match and Genius features that have been crashing it recently. Ping should work, FWIW...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back