Contribute
Register

iTunes 10.5 Crashes When Enabling Genius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lion 10.7.2 was running Chameleon 1618 and upgraded to 1684, but still no dice. iTunes crashes instantly with Genius enabled.

Also tried changing the serial number in /Extra/smbios.plist, no change.

Yep, I had crashes with Genius but could run iTunes with it disabled. Now I can't get iTunes Match running on 10.6.7. Any ideas?

mattlqx said:
Also tried changing the serial number in /Extra/smbios.plist, no change.

well so much for that theory... thanks for trying it. i hate messing with my hack when it's been so stable for years.

it sounds like this is a pretty common problem. maybe it will attract the attention of one of the hackintosh elite and it will get fixed...

Just wanted to say I disabled Genius on 10.5.1 Itunes and it worked for me. Really appreciate the heads up! Im also on 10.6.8

Can you elaborate on this? Are you referring to the MAC address of your NIC? Can you paste an example of the key/value you're talking about? Thanks.

No clue yet?
I'v tried editing my org.chameleon.Boot.plist that didn't work. iTunes works from the start BUT Genius and Match. Also my app store also works with no issues :\

I see Apple released iTunes 105.2 today. Anyone have any luck with the Match issues after updating? I'm downloading it now and will post my results.

EDIT
Nope, same thing. It just crashes my iTunes when I try to "add this computer" to iTunes Match. I wish I hadn't paid the $25 before I knew it didn't work for my rig. :cry:

Same here. I didn't have high expectations from the update, but disappointing anyway to know that we're eating into our $25/yr period until someone smarter than me figures out how to work around this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back