Contribute
Register

iTunes 10.5 Crashes When Enabling Genius

Status
Not open for further replies.
crakd said:
charliebounce said:
OK, this worked for me! If Your iTunes is crashing due to a Genius problem!

1) Disable your network connections from System Preferences (i.e turn off "configure IPv4)

2) Once you've done this, you should be able to launch iTunes

3) Launch iTunes & go to preferences & disable genius.

4) Quit & relaunch iTunes

5) Enable Network connections.

voila!!

I dont care about genius crashing the problem is I paid for itunes match and that crashes as soon as you launch it as well.....I tried all 3 methods in the other thread still crashes. However my ethernet has always worked fine and the app store works as well.....Just genius and itunes match causes itunes to crash.

disabling Genius worked for me, but I couldn't disable the network because my library is on a NAS box. I just rebooted my cable modem and opened iTunes when I knew my internet link was down. That gave me enough time to access preferences and disable Genius.

I'd be keen to understand what the root-cause is if anybody figures it out...

Everything else on my machine works 100%, it was only to update to iTunes 10.5 which killed everything. I am still on 10.6.8 BTW.

IB

same boat here.

Itunes 10.5 on OX 10.6.8

I thought my library was corrupt and rebuilt it, only to find out it was Itunes genius.

As fadedsoulz said, this is the same root cause as the App Store not working. (As well as FaceTime and iCloud.) So, take a look at those related threads and you should find a solution. Usually, simply updating to Chimera 1.5.4 fixes the problem. In my case, I had to do method 3 in this topic: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=33177

So far I can not get this resolved. I have tried all methods and iTunes crashes immediately.

Here is my com.apple.Boot.plist:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>PCIRootUID</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Very frustrating. iTunes has never been an issue for me until this update.

Same issues as well, itunes crashes instantly if Genius is enabled. OSX 10.6.8 iTunes 10.5. I had no issues at all before this with itunes or app store. I tired some of the fixes mentioned, but no dice. I am really looking forward to iTunes match too, hope I can get this worked out by then.

I have the same problem - turn on genius, accept license, bam - and I have hackintosh.
I already had genius and was getting the crash trying to update
so I turned it off and now I can't re-enable it.

GA-P55A-UD4P with 10.7.2, i7-875, and iTunes 10.5.1b3.

edit/followup

and this problem was solved with method #1 plus #2

RARG. I have tried everything. methods 1, 2 and 3 got the app store working but genius is still crashing itunes. I really like genius and would love to actually be able to use it. Right now the only workaround I can think of is to load my library on another comp and update genius that way.

itunes match beta 3.....still crashing as soon as I turn on iTunes match.....ugh.....what a waste of $25 haha.

do you guys think this could be related to the bootloader version? i see that some people have problems with lion and icloud unless they are running the latest svn of chameleon.

now i am running snow leopard, but itunes match is sort of related to icloud. when i turn on match or genius, i get the crash.

i guess there's one other issue with iCloud which is the serial number for the mac. i read somewhere else that apple blacklisted the SN that chameleon uses by default...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back