Graphics
ATI Radeon 5850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been having this problem throughout the iTunes 10.5 beta period, but couldn't bring it up here until it went final (which it just did moments ago).

After installing iTunes 10.5, simply enable Genius, accept license agreement, and BAM crash.

Genius used to work fine on 10.4 on this same system.

Reports of problems with this feature have been sparse during beta, but from some private conversations with others reporting it, one common thread seems to be that we are all using hackintoshes.

Is anybody else able to reproduce this problem?

-David

p.s. I'm running 10.7.1 Lion on an ASUS P8P67 Pro motherboard. Attached is a file containing the crash dump info.

Attachments

• Crash.rtf
    59.9 KB · Views: 138
Same deal here, don't recall having Genius enabled though, just crashed a second or so after displaying my library. Never had iTunes crash on my Hack before.

OSX 10.6.8, iTunes 10.5 release version via Software Update this afternoon.

Core 2 Quad Q8300, Gigabyte GA-G41M ES2H, 4 GB memory. Afaik everything else is fine. iTunes was the only update applied.

Will paste dump log when back at that box.

I've been getting crashes too. It started happening to me after installing iTunes 10.5 beta 8 and now it's happening with the public release and newest beta. The crashes seem to alway be of the same type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT). It has to be an software thing, because I've already tried reinstalling lion before.
Here's part of the log:
Process: iTunes [281]
Path: /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/MacOS/iTunes
Identifier: com.apple.iTunes
Version: 10.5.1 (10.5.1b3)
Build Info: iTunes-10510301~1
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [133]

Date/Time: 2011-10-11 18:39:10.048 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.2 (11C73)
Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 3793 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 6
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 410 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 6
Anonymous UUID: C7481A35-DE25-4413-90CD-E92C23DF6AC4

Crashed Thread: 24

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
objc[281]: garbage collection is OFF
*** error for object 0x7f9848667490: pointer being freed was not allocated

I've figured it out! This is the same issue as the App Store not being able to verify the computer. Just add this to solve the problem. :D
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Holy crap, you were right! I thought I had gotten my App Store configured properly but apparently I hadn't. My fix was a bit different than yours (I basically followed step 1 in http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=33177&p=218509).

Right now Genius is syncing (which I couldn't do in the past). Next step will be to confirm that Match works, but I've never gotten this far before.

Thanks again!

Sweet will give this a go in a bit, thanks guys! :D

didnt work for me. Putting that line in just knocked out my graphics card and disabled one display and itunes match still crashes itunes....I dont know if its because im on Snow Leopard? Everything else works for me. App Store and all.

OK, this worked for me! If Your iTunes is crashing due to a Genius problem!

1) Disable your network connections from System Preferences (i.e turn off "configure IPv4)

2) Once you've done this, you should be able to launch iTunes

3) Launch iTunes & go to preferences & disable genius.

4) Quit & relaunch iTunes

5) Enable Network connections.

voila!!

charliebounce said:
OK, this worked for me! If Your iTunes is crashing due to a Genius problem!

1) Disable your network connections from System Preferences (i.e turn off "configure IPv4)

2) Once you've done this, you should be able to launch iTunes

3) Launch iTunes & go to preferences & disable genius.

4) Quit & relaunch iTunes

5) Enable Network connections.

voila!!

I dont care about genius crashing the problem is I paid for itunes match and that crashes as soon as you launch it as well.....I tried all 3 methods in the other thread still crashes. However my ethernet has always worked fine and the app store works as well.....Just genius and itunes match causes itunes to crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back