pik
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone, this is my first post in this community. The modifications to this site are amazing, especially the work of
sinoneptune. Like him I want to recreate the back of the monitor ...

I have some doubts. How much weight does the arm support? What panel could i use? Is there any difference in the arm between the 15, 17 and 20 inch models or does the arm support the same weight? Could I put a bigger monitor?

My plan consists of two phases, the first is to replace the original electronics with a mini itx pc and assess the possibility of enlarging the screen. And a second phase where to build a box for all the original hardware since I am a hardware fanatic.

I have seen how to reuse the original mac screen with the TMDS to dvi scheme but if the arm is strong enough and I can change the panel I would love to keep all the hardware including the original screen fully operational in another housing.

I hope your advice greetings to all. (Sorry for my English)

there is no answer?

I know there are two sizes of the arm- I think the 15 and 17 shared the same arm but I could be wrong on that. But they are all weighted very exactly; I picked up a 15" model that someone had added a touchscreen panel to and even that few ounces threw the arm off a fair bit. It's really up to trial and error.

It would be great to fit bigger one. Give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back