Graphics
Nvidia GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I have a Intel DP55KG motherboard, Core i7 processor, Radeon HD 5770, and 4 GB of memory.

I bought all of this stuff 6 months ago. When I got it, I tested it all out....see if it worked with iBoot...got everything running fine! Installed SL without any trouble. I disassembled my creation and worked on my Hackintosh case during my free time.

Fast forward to today...finally have all of my build together and am excited to start this baby up. Turn on the power....and....."You Must Restart." Tried with iBoot. Same thing. Nothing seems to be letting me boot into SL, which is odd, because 6 months ago...I could do everything fine...with the same equipment!

When I boot into single user mode, this is what I get:
photo.JPG

I've even tried -v -x PCIRootID=1 Any suggestions?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 116
Re: It Used to work......

Hmm, I can think of a few things.....

Have you updated the BIOS of the mother board since you did this six months ago?

Are you BIOS settings exactly the same as they were six months ago?

Are you using the same SL installation media you used six months ago?

Is any of the hardware different then it was six months ago, even the HD or RAM?

Are you using exactly the same tools to install SL as you did six months ago or are you using the newer version of mutlibeast and or iboot?

Well, apparently it seems to be working right now. I tried an earlier version of iBoot and it likes it...so who knows!

Glad to hear it!

Ok...next problem! :lol: Snow Leopard installed without a hitch. I installed the Combo Update, Multibeast and the ATI-Experimental thing for my HD 5770. After the restart.....it's crashing again. I get the "Please restart" thing...it crashes.

Any ideas now?

Try removing the experimental thing for your ATI card. Have you checked to see if your ATI card works under 10.6.6 and if anything special is required in terms of kexts?

I tried the 10.6.6 last night and all I got was a Black Screen after I restarted. So I reinstalled everything today and tried the 10.6.5 combo update and the experimental to see if that would help.

So did you do the 10.6.5 update and the experimental at the same time? And now you are crashing? I would try the 10.6.5 combo update first and just that and see if everything is ok? Graphics cards can be funny between updates.

Gatorman said:
Ok...next problem! :lol: Snow Leopard installed without a hitch. I installed the Combo Update, Multibeast and the ATI-Experimental thing for my HD 5770. After the restart.....it's crashing again. I get the "Please restart" thing...it crashes.

Any ideas now?
Did you delete ATY_Init kext and rebuild caches? You should only need the ATI Experimental under Boot Loaders and the 32 or 64 bit Apple Boot Screen under Boot Options.

After I updated I had some problems so I deleted the entire Extra/Extensions folder and ran Multibeast 3.2 and redid my selections. Everything worked from there.

Hey Saint,

No, I didn't do that. How do I go about doing that? Is it in your guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back