Contribute
Register

It there any thing different between 10.8 GM and the app store public version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
windows 7
CPU
i5
Graphics
integrated intel
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I heard both of them have the same version # 12A269.

They are the same to my knowledge. In fact, when I first started downloading Mountain Lion from app store it called it "Mountain Lion GM".

GF5Gf.png

Correct..they are the same build number

The only thing that i can "Assume" is that the Facebook dev plugin might be included in the final release as its now gone this morning from the dev download list. So, its not there anymore, i am only assuming that its now built in...

With that said,,it doesnt work anyways...not 100% anyways

I dont think the latest unibeast works with the .dmg though. Maybe im wrong? It said you have to have mountain lion from the app store.

Think of it this way. When Windows goes gold, which means it's code locked and they have squashed all bugs they can find (which is probably millions :), It is considered an RTM (Released To Manufacturer) build. I would imagine that GM builds of Apple OS's are code locked and bug squashed before being branded as Gold Master, which in turn would make it the same as a Windows RTM build/app store build. Maybe some features are missing from Gold Master since it really isn't the final final version, but it would be code locked and ready to be released to the masses.

If it is anything like 10.7's GM it may be the same but you won't be able to get software updates, so its worth installing again.

Mark

Solidslash,

When i mount it I get Mac Os X Install ESD on the desktop. I open that up and i see the normal Install OS X Mountain Lion File. Library Packages and System Folders. Do I need to copy one or all of those into my applications folder? I tried running unibeast with that mounted but it still cant find it.

Thanks in Advance!

UniBeast no longer supports install from only DMG files.

You MUST have your PURCHASED "Install OS X Mountain Lion" application in /Applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back