Contribute
Register

It says “MacOS could not be installed on your computer”, how can I get around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
i5 4690k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX960
So I’ll attach a image to show you what it exactly says on the screen, now here’s how it goes.. when I boot through clover the initial set up process goes fine(disk erase) and then after that when I choose install high sierra and proceed on the first reboot I get greeted with that.. wonder if I’m doing anything wrong, By the way I used the latest Unibeast too (version 8.3.2).
I have successfully installed El Capitan on this system before, but I can’t install this. Needless to say that I’m a total noob at this... any sort of help will be greatly appreciated.

Here’s my system specs, Incase you guys need to know..

i5 4690k (running stock)
8GB DDR3 1600MHZ Gskill memory
MSI Z97 gaming 5 motherboard
MSI GTX 960 4GB
WD Black 1TB HDD

Also I disabled the VT-D and CFG-LOCK as shown in the guide in this site.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• 6742BA92-2C74-4F65-A97D-63B9C2DCDD2E.jpeg
    6742BA92-2C74-4F65-A97D-63B9C2DCDD2E.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 335
So I’ll attach a image to show you what it exactly says on the screen, now here’s how it goes.. when I boot through clover the initial set up process goes fine(disk erase) and then after that when I choose install high sierra and proceed on the first reboot I get greeted with that.. wonder if I’m doing anything wrong, By the way I used the latest Unibeast too (version 8.3.2).
I have successfully installed El Capitan on this system before, but I can’t install this. Needless to say that I’m a total noob at this... any sort of help will be greatly appreciated.

Here’s my system specs, Incase you guys need to know..

i5 4690k (running stock)
8GB DDR3 1600MHZ Gskill memory
MSI Z97 gaming 5 motherboard
MSI GTX 960 4GB
WD Black 1TB HDD

Also I disabled the VT-D and CFG-LOCK as shown in the guide in this site.

Thanks!!

If you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in your Clover (under Drivers64EUFI), remove it. The basic process is: you have to go back to native resolution for the Mac, remove Emu, reboot, do the upgrade, and then put Emu back, reboot and upgrade the nVidia drivers to whatever version of macOS you are upgrading to. Might be good to start over, from scratch, then follow the process as I've listed it....but you can try without starting over from scratch.

Something to try.....this is what I experienced at least. Can't guarantee if it will work for you, but if you do still have Emu in your Clover, that can definitely cause this problem....

Thanks for the reply! I’m not upgrading I’m installing macOS from scratch.. I looked for the file you mentioned inside the relevant folder, I wasn’t using it all this time so that can’t be the issue right. Anyway I gave it another go just to confirm, this issue persists. I tried adding KEXTS and what not to see whether it’ll help and no it didn’t.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hello,
I've been having the same issue I think it's linked to "installer incomplete fix"... Has anyone fixed it ?
Thanks

please let me know if you have solved the problem. I have been trying for two days and I have exactly the same problem with you. please help is helpful
https://drive.google.com/file/d/199Elrvw-u6xkFDt9c4hf_As5E9MyG7Vy/view?usp=drivesdk

I have noticed that copy is not complete and that's why I'm passing the error message. Watch the video and you'll understand. What can be due?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JS5N9UXIabkduOoNbi5S0t-9eWiKk0uv/view?usp=drivesdk

I am having the same issue, I am still trying to find a solution...

I am having the same issue, I am still trying to find a solution...
The original poster wrote on #1
then after that when I choose install high sierra and proceed on the first reboot I get greeted with that.. wonder if I’m doing anything wrong,

If you are getting that posted error image on reboot(“MacOS could not be installed on your computer”) following Disk Utility Partition and format of the Target System Disk and initiation of macOS install on the Target Hard disk after License agreement, 3-6 minutes of System file copying on to the target hard disk, once you reach Clover Boot Manager Screen , make sure you are NOT clicking the same USB installer Flash disk from CBM screen , but click the partially installed System Hard disk to continue the installation. This has to be repeated on each reboot (there can be 2-3 reboots) before you will get a chance to select a Language, etc and complete the installation and reach the Desktop To install Clover and kexts on the System disk ( run Multibeast on System Disk) .

having the same issue but no fix yet..

Same here as well. I tried withy different USB sticks just in case. Same problem over and over. Anyone found a fix to this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back