Contribute
Register

it is possible to migrate existing macBook Lion install to a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
Intel Core i5-3570K
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti PE 1Gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
i have an macbook with installed Lion, now my MB is a little bit obsolete and i'm wondering if it is possible to move the macBook's SSD to the desktop whithout reinstalling Lion? thanks

i have an macbook with installed Lion, now my MB is a little bit obsolete and i'm wondering if it is possible to move the macBook's SSD to the desktop whithout reinstalling Lion? thanks

Download rBoot and burn to CD. Move MB SSD to PC-Mac. Boot PC-Mac with rBoot, select SSD icon at Chimera screen. At desktop run MultiBeast to install kexts, etc. needed for your PC-Mac to run. Enjoy.

Oh, and BTW, backup the SSD before you start.

thanks! u saved me a lot of time and usless work

and what about the update to Mountain Lion ? Buy -> download -> run update -> reboot rBoot -> continue to instal ML -> run MultiBeast ? right? or it is more complicated (in this case i will search a tutorial) thanks in advise.

another question about your last reply: to put back the the drive in the MB i can run
MultiBeast to uninstall all kexts and so on or I better go formatting and than restore from Time machine?

and what about the update to Mountain Lion ? Buy -> download -> run update -> reboot rBoot -> continue to instal ML -> run MultiBeast ? right? or it is more complicated (in this case i will search a tutorial) thanks in advise.

Wish it was so easy, but no, you still have to create the UniBeast installer for Mountain Lion. I tried to just run the app on my system and install ML over Lion - didn't work. Couldn't even get it to try to install on a clean partition.

another question about your last reply: to put back the the drive in the MB i can run MultiBeast to uninstall all kexts and so on or I better go formatting and than restore from Time machine?

No way to run MultiBeast to UNinstall anything. Installs only. OTOH, if you know exactly what you selected in MB and exactly what it installed, you can delete files by hand from S/L/E and delete the /Extra folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back