notshy said:
Thanks for the link.

So I removed FakeSMC.kext from /E
Rebuilt Cache

Downlaoded the Snow FaceSMC rev405 from
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.p ... =1206&st=0

I read "How To Install"
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.p ... #entry7941

I showed package contents and removed X3100 plug in.

I then installed it using the Terminal Code
Code:
sudo -s
cp -r -v FakeSMC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

I then used Kext Utility to rebuild cache again.

I then rebooted and iStats v2.0 is not showing any more temps to me.

I haven't tried installed FakeSMCIntelMonitor or SMCITEController

Can anyone help me get FakeSMC Installed properly? Is it that I'm running iStats Menu v2?

EDIT
I've just installed iStats Pro widget and I can see everything now - must be iStats Menu v2!
I'll go upgrade iStats Menu!

WHOOOP
Strange, iStats 2.0 with the fakeSMC in MultiBeast shows CPU temps, just no fan speeds on my X58.

MacMan said:
Strange, iStats 2.0 with the fakeSMC in MultiBeast shows CPU temps, just no fan speeds on my X58.

I've gone back to the fakeSMC from MultiBeast as I've switched GFX cards from my ATI 5770 to Nvidia 8800 to help trouble shoot a sleep issue I had and was getting KP on the load of fakeSMC 2.5 in S/L/E

The MultiBeast fakeSMC in /E is showing me CPU temps only now north bridge temps etc and no fan speeds.

MacMan - any chance of you being able to have a look at FakeSMC v2.5 and adding it to MultiBeast? I think there's a range of plug ins in the package contents for different cards and system set ups. I will come back to trying to get it to work on my build with both the 5770 and 8800 once I've got some other issues sorted that I'm trying to bottom out.

Not a biggie but would be nice to see more info in iStats Menu & Pro

:)

notshy said:
MacMan said:

I've gone back to the fakeSMC from MultiBeast as I've switched GFX cards from my ATI 5770 to Nvidia 8800 to help trouble shoot a sleep issue I had and was getting KP on the load of fakeSMC 2.5 in S/L/E

The MultiBeast fakeSMC in /E is showing me CPU temps only now north bridge temps etc and no fan speeds.

MacMan - any chance of you being able to have a look at FakeSMC v2.5 and adding it to MultiBeast? I think there's a range of plug ins in the package contents for different cards and system set ups. I will come back to trying to get it to work on my build with both the 5770 and 8800 once I've got some other issues sorted that I'm trying to bottom out.

Not a biggie but would be nice to see more info in iStats Menu & Pro

:)
I haven't looked at FakeSMC v2.5 in a while. When I last looked it was still a development project. It's on my never ending to do list. :D

MacMan said:
I haven't looked at FakeSMC v2.5 in a while. When I last looked it was still a development project. It's on my never ending to do list. :D

I BET !!!

Thanks for your good work as ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back