DELL Inspiron 5370
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I have been using iStat 6.40 with Clover and Opencore 0.5.5 both on my Desktop and Laptop. While using VirtualSMC+SMCProcessor I get values in the menu bar.

But I have recently compiled the latest OpenCore 0.5.6 and since then, I am not getting CPU temperature anymore.

Could someone help me with this?

Hi all,

I have been using iStat 6.40 with Clover and Opencore 0.5.5 both on my Desktop and Laptop. While using VirtualSMC+SMCProcessor I get values in the menu bar.

But I have recently compiled the latest OpenCore 0.5.6 and since then, I am not getting CPU temperature anymore.

Could someone help me with this?

I have no idea why it's not working for you. iStat Menus 6.40 and OpenCore 0.5.5 and 0.5.6 both work fine here.

Are you getting temperature readings? If yes, could you please share your 0.5.6 EFI only? (As temperature works for 0.5.5 for me).

Are you getting temperature readings? If yes, could you please share your 0.5.6 EFI only? (As temperature works for 0.5.5 for me).

Yup.
Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 5.07.23 PM.png

You can find my EFI folder in my Z390 build thread. Link is below in my signature.

Solved the issue.

The real reason for this is something that is called "SMBIOS Truncation" for Dell laptops. Hence for something like MacBook Pro15,2 it reports as MacBookPro15, only.

iStat relies on the model name to report temps. Solve the SMBIOS issue, you might temp readings on Dell laptops (if everything else is fine, of course:p)

Solved the issue.

The real reason for this is something that is called "SMBIOS Truncation" for Dell laptops. Hence for something like MacBook Pro15,2 it reports as MacBookPro15, only.

iStat relies on the model name to report temps. Solve the SMBIOS issue, you might temp readings on Dell laptops (if everything else is fine, of course:p)

I get temp readings on my Dell laptop too.

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 11.51.59 AM.png

Solved the issue.

Hi, same problem here, how can I solve the problem? What I have to change? Where?

Is there a way to change the fans that iStat sees? In my case the AsRock Z390I motherboard has 1 CPU fan and 2 Aux fans but istat shows only one fan because the SMBIOS is iMac 19,1.

HWMonitorSM2 sees all three fans and then some.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 2.22.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 2.22.24 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 2.22.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 2.22.17 PM.png
    181.9 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back