Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI GF63 Thin 9SC
CPU
i5-9300H
Graphics
GTX 1650 Max-Q
I have 2 cards for my laptop (Dell Latitude 3490) and trying to get either one working. Which one would be better and easier to get working?

i5-8250u
8gb DDR4 2400mhz
MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Everything is working (Camera, sound, microphone, Intel 620 1536mb, etc.)

How are the kexts installed?
Also how high up are these cards supported? Monterey, Ventura?

Thanks
WIFI-BT Cards.jpg

I have 2 cards for my laptop (Dell Latitude 3490) and trying to get either one working. Which one would be better and easier to get working?

i5-8250u
8gb DDR4 2400mhz
MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Everything is working (Camera, sound, microphone, Intel 620 1536mb, etc.)

How are the kexts installed?
Also how high up are these cards supported? Monterey, Ventura?

ThanksView attachment 564653
use the BCM94360NG, it requires no kexts to get working

use the BCM94360NG, it requires no kexts to get working
Cool. Checked it out and seems to be up and running now. All seems to be working: Wifi, Bluetooth exchange, facetime, etc. I even made a backup onto a 2.5 inch HDD and then took the smaller M.2 out and Carbon Copy Cloned it back from the 2.5 HDD to a Samsung 970 Evo and works fine.

Only thing I am not sure about is Handoff. I have an iPad Pro and I "tried" to figure out handoff but not really familiar with it. It's not like I will really use it. Not sure if this layout has anything to do with it or not.

Only problem I seemed to have run into is upgrading from Catalina to another MacOS. I tried making a USB with Ventura and Opencore (which I am NOT familiar with) and all it shows at bootup is boot from USB EFI. I don't see the install option anywhere. But like I said I am really UNFAMILIAR with opencore and not sure if Ventura has to be done with Opencore or if Clover will work or not.

Edit: I found the Ventura guide with Clover. So gonna give that a try with Clover 5151 and see if I can get that installed onto this thing or not.

Attachments

• Latitude 3490 Hackintosh.jpg
    Latitude 3490 Hackintosh.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back