Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
GTX 650 TI Boost
I have two usb 3.0 hard drives connected to my system. They work perfectly while the system is up and running, but when I wake from sleep they are non responsive and sometimes one ejects itself while the other remains frozen. Using the 3.0 drivers in Multibeast. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Dear clayman,

Maybe abit offtopic ..but i don't use sleep.
For me, it would be just awesome to get USB3 to work.
I have also a mobo GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 , latest EUFI BIOS.

How did you get USB3 to work ?
Just by installing the USB3 kext from Multibeast 6.1 ?

I am on OSX 10.9.2.

Dear clayman,

Maybe abit offtopic ..but i don't use sleep.
For me, it would be just awesome to get USB3 to work.
I have also a mobo GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 , latest EUFI BIOS.

How did you get USB3 to work ?
Just by installing the USB3 kext from Multibeast 6.1 ?

I am on OSX 10.9.2.

I don't use sleep either...too many issues and too many "solutions". :) I have the same mobo with UEFI.

I use the Multibeast Universal USB3 driver and it works with my external Seagate 3TB TimeMachine. I even did a TimeMachine restore today and it worked flawlessly. Although I did have to move it to a USB2 port to work, since I had to boot from my Unibeast USB stick there was no USB3 drivers...but it still restored me and saved my bacon from whatever it is I did to make my system wonky!

By the way adding -gux_nosleep to the kernel flag in org.chameleon.Boot.plist worked wonders for me.

So change:

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>

to this?

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel -gux_nosleep</string>

edit:

nope, don't do that! Added the flag while booting though and made no difference. Went to sleep which took about 20-30 seconds and promptly woke itself right back up in a second or two.

Many thanx for this info !

I was able to get USB3 working perfectly (sleep and all) by installing GenericUSBXHCI from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/genericusbxhci/files/

using Kext Wizard to handle the changes.

I installed this same file using Kext Utility and I am still not able to recognize USB 3.0 drives on my ports after waking from sleep. Did you have to do anything else? My drives are recognized only after a restart or system boot. Not recognized anymore after sleep though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back