Contribute
Register

Issues with Snow Leopard Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exciting news! I was just about to give up after a few hours of combing through the Internet, and decided one last time to boot with LAN enabled. But at the iBoot screen, I typed mtu=1500 as a boot flag in addition to the -v, and I got in and the Ethernet is detected! I'll be sure to add that to the list of default boot flags. Isn't the file I need to edit located at /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

I'm gonna grab an Ethernet cable and see if I can't get this build finished tonight!

Exciting news! I was just about to give up after a few hours of combing through the Internet, and decided one last time to boot with LAN enabled. But at the iBoot screen, I typed mtu=1500 as a boot flag in addition to the -v, and I got in and the Ethernet is detected! I'll be sure to add that to the list of default boot flags. Isn't the file I need to edit located at /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

I'm gonna grab an Ethernet cable and see if I can't get this build finished tonight!

No need to do that. Just get to the MAS, sign in then download El Cap to make your Unibeast
installer. You will clean install over Snow Leopard anyway.

No need to do that. Just get to the MAS, sign in then download El Cap to make your Unibeast
installer. You will clean install over Snow Leopard anyway.

Gotcha. I decided to leave my Unibeast set up going overnight, its progress bar was going surprisingly slow. The Unibeast drive being made popped up in a Finder window about 1/3 of the way through set up, but I decided to leave it to make sure the process completed.

I've got the El Cap Multibeast downloaded to my other USB ready to go, so hopefully by later today, I'll have a functioning Hackintosh! I'll post my results. Thanks again!

Gotcha. I decided to leave my Unibeast set up going overnight, its progress bar was going surprisingly slow. The Unibeast drive being made popped up in a Finder window about 1/3 of the way through set up, but I decided to leave it to make sure the process completed.

I've got the El Cap Multibeast downloaded to my other USB ready to go, so hopefully by later today, I'll have a functioning Hackintosh! I'll post my results. Thanks again!

Was you able to get your wifi adapter to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back