Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good evening,
About a month ago, I gave in and parted ways with my Nvidia 1070 based card, and put a Radon RX 5700 XT graphics card in my Hackintosh, and upgraded to Catalina from High Sierra. Since some things have changed, I followed this thread and the recommendations for kexts, including migrating from FakeSMC to VirutalSMC.

Everything but sleep works. In facts, not only does it not work correctly, it reboots my machine every time it wants to go to sleep. It's driving me a bit bonkers, but I haven't had time to address it. Is there any way to determine what is causing the reboots? I never had this problem with High Sierra. The only problem I had with High Sierra was sound not working after sleep.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Anyone? Iv'e attached my config.plist.

I have the latest versions of the following kexts installed in /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/OTHER

AppleALC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
could be a usb issue

usb setup guide:

also run these terminal commands:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mount -uw /
sudo killall Finder
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

could be a usb issue

usb setup guide:

also run these terminal commands:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mount -uw /
sudo killall Finder
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

I had used the USB guide in the past when I built my current rig, so I do have a large section in Clover for the USB. This had worked fine previously in High Sierra, but stopped working when i migrated to Catalina and the Radon card.

I just ran the commands you provided. The /var/vm/sleepimage returned No such file or directory. I created the directory on the following line. A cursory test of forcing a sleep from the Apple menu seemed to work. It went to sleep, and actually came back up. I don't know if it'll work long term when it tries to go to sleep on it's own, but time will tell.

Thanks for responding. I'll report back once I observe more behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back