Contribute
Register

Issues with Nvidia 1050TI not being detected correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8200 SSF
CPU
I5
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Hello,

I have been building a Hackingtosh based on a HP 8200 SSF. I have installed El Capitan successfully and have a stable install, no crashes, and have updated to the last version of this OS, plus Safari.

However I am having problems with the Nvidia 1050TI being detected correctly.

About this Mac -> displays tells me that there is 3MB of display memory, should be 4GB, and there is no mention of the 1050.

I have installed the Nvidia web drivers (version 346.03.1.5f16).
In clover boot NVDA_DRV=1, though I have tried it absent as well.
Inject NVidia is set to no
I have installed Emuvariableuefi_64, though tried without this.
Have installed RCscripts, and again have tried without this.

In Clover's .plist <key> NvidiaWeb</key> has <True/> as the next line.

The Nvidia display manager will not allow me to set the web drivers or Mac OS X in its window as all options are greyed out, however I can select these options in the little Nvidia widget in the top status bar.

Doing so has no effect and I can poke these options without the Mac saying I should reboot, which I'm sure is wrong?

I am at a complete loss.

Can someone suggest where I need to look next?

As an addition it looks like this system is compatible with Mojave is, at leas I can download it. But the install then says I need to upgrade to High Sierra first. Before I do so I really need to solve this, and any other issues like sound, before moving forward.

Hope someone can help.

As an addition it looks like this system is compatible with Mojave is, at least I can download it. But the install then says I need to upgrade to High Sierra first. Before I do so I really need to solve this, and any other issues like sound, before moving forward.

For Pascal graphics cards like your GTX 1050 Ti, Nvidia only provides drivers for Sierra, not any older operating systems. So unfortunately if you don't want to upgrade to at least Sierra, you can't use this card to its full potential.

If you want to use the 1050 Ti High Sierra is your best choice. There are no Mojave Nvidia drivers to install. The Nvidia driver for 10.13.6 will work with your gfx card after you update to High Sierra. It will not work in El Capitan obviously.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...igh-sierra-install-guide.230056/#post-1568124

Last edited:
For Pascal graphics cards like your GTX 1050 Ti, Nvidia only provides drivers for Sierra, not any older operating systems. So unfortunately if you don't want to upgrade to at least Sierra, you can't use this card to its full potential.

If you want to use the 1050 Ti High Sierra is your best choice. There are no Mojave Nvidia drivers to install. The Nvidia driver for 10.13.6 will work with your gfx card after you update to High Sierra. It will not work in El Capitan obviously.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...igh-sierra-install-guide.230056/#post-1568124

Hi trs96,

Many thanks for the info. I have now installed High Sierra and the 1050Ti is almost working 100%.

It's detected correctly and the graphic drivers etc are working - the start-up now fades to the desktop rather than showing the blinds effect.

However I cannot get sound out of the HDMI port. The 1050TI card I have is a MSI variant with 1 HDMI, 1 display port and one DVI connector. All these are showing as HDMI in the sound selector in system prefs. Sound does come out of the HP's internal speaker, but selecting any of the 'HDMI' options results in silence.

My kexts list in /library/extensions is -

ACS6x.kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext NVDAGF100HalWeb.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext NVDAGK100HalWeb.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext NVDAGM100HalWeb.kext
AppleHDADisabler.kext NVDAGP100HalWeb.kext
ArcMSR.kext NVDANV50HalTeslaWeb.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext NVDAResmanTeslaWeb.kext
FakeSMC.kext NVDAResmanWeb.kext
GeForceTeslaWeb.kext NVDAStartupWeb.kext
GeForceWeb.kext PromiseSTEX.kext
HighPointIOP.kext SoftRAID.kext
HighPointRR.kext VoodooHDA.kext

I'm guessing that I either have a missing kext dir, or perhaps a wrong version, but am not sure how to debug - I don't think there is a version command in Linux(?).

The other slight issue I am having is with CPU speed, I have the I5-2400 cpu. The thread you kindly linked says I need to add the ssd.aml file into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ however I already have a file here, SSDT-SB-i5.aml

Should I delete this file, just add the ssd.aml file, or rename the ssd.aml file to SSDT-SB-i5.aml?

Hope you can advise.

Should I delete this file, just add the ssd.aml file, or rename the ssd.aml file to SSDT-SB-i5.aml?
Yes, just delete the SB-i5 SSDT and use the one I've attached for the i5-2400. See how that goes.

As far as HDMI audio that takes some work. You could try the AppleALC/Lilu kext method to see if that will work. Delete Voodoo HDA and other related kexts (HDA Disabler) first if you try Apple ALC.

Read the guides by Toleda first and then post in the relevant forum to get help. I've never looked into DSDT edits to get audio working on the 8200 so I can't help you there. There's a good chance the AppleALC will work but I've never tried it as I don't own an 8200 anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back