Contribute
Register

Issues with multi-monitor support with NVIDIA Graphics Driver update 378.05.05.25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte 7270X-UD5
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Wondering if anyone else is having the same problems I am with their NVIDIA graphics cards. I am trying to run three displays off my new GTX 1060 FTW+ yet only one is working. One is HDMI and the other two are DVI (plugged in using Display Port adapters). Only my HDMI is recognized and working fine while the two DVI flash "No Signal, Please check your connection" as if they are no plugged in. Just so you know, this is my first build and haven't had these monitors up and running with this computer yet, they worked on my old setup perfectly.

I've tried unplugging and plugging them back, I've tried restarting with just the DVI plugged in. I'm not sure if there is anything else I need to do with my config.plist or not. As far as I tell, by reading many other forms, my settings are all correct and update and things should be working. I'm definitely missing something.

Anything to try would be a huge help

Thanks

Wondering if anyone else is having the same problems I am with their NVIDIA graphics cards. I am trying to run three displays off my new GTX 1060 FTW+ yet only one is working. One is HDMI and the other two are DVI (plugged in using Display Port adapters). Only my HDMI is recognized and working fine while the two DVI flash "No Signal, Please check your connection" as if they are no plugged in. Just so you know, this is my first build and haven't had these monitors up and running with this computer yet, they worked on my old setup perfectly.

I've tried unplugging and plugging them back, I've tried restarting with just the DVI plugged in. I'm not sure if there is anything else I need to do with my config.plist or not. As far as I tell, by reading many other forms, my settings are all correct and update and things should be working. I'm definitely missing something.

Anything to try would be a huge help

Thanks

My Nvidia driver indicates I've got 378.05.05.25f01. Before I got it working, it was my HDMI port that wasn't cooperating; my screen that uses a displayport-to-hdmi wasn't having any problems.
Now the screen using displayport-to-hdmi will go black but will come back if i change the resolution settings.

My current config.plist:
I still can't get my Display ports working... Our config.plist are very different, but I'm still not sure what I'm suppose to be looking for.
Could it have something to do with my NVRAM? My computer has no issues seeing my GTX 1060, it just won't recognize anything plugged into the DPs. My DVI monitors work when plugged into the HDMI port via an adapter, the problem is I need them to run through the Display Ports.

It's weird.
Sometimes, not always, when I open Display Preferences it shows a second monitor available, only one of the two DP monitors, and it is the correct name of the monitor and everything. So it is seeing something, but still there is no picture.

Have you used clover configurator to setup your NVRAM settings?

Yes I did.

I just did a test with my old DualHead2Go dual monitor box that I use to use with my old 2011 macbook pro (forgot all about it). Plugged that into one of the displayports with the two DVI monitors hooked up and they worked! It looks like it might be the two DVI to Displayport adapters I bought, maybe they aren't the right firmware version?, can't find any info on them.

Solved, to a point!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back