i5-9500
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey :headbang:

It's been a while since I don't Hackintosh, last time was in 2017 with OS X Sierra. So getting to the topic.

I recently bought (literally this week) a Lenovo ThinkCentre m920z. Here is the Notebook Check page and the PDF of Technical Specifications and variations of the model.

Quick Specification details:
  • BIOS Settings:
    • VT-d disabled
    • Disk Controller in AHCI mode
    • Secure Boot disabled
    • There's no CFG lock option / no RTC options / no Serial Port / no XHCI option
    • IGPU DVTM it's locked on 128M (No BIOS option)
    • Boot in UEFI mode with CSM disabled
    • Turbo mode enabled
    • Latest BIOS version
    • Legacy USB support enabled
    • Virtualization enabled
  • Clover & ACPI
    • I dumped the origin DSDT's (Using Clover F4. DSDT dump with DSDTTime is also equal)
    • Patched the origin DSDT.aml with DSDTTime using Fake EC and added to /CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/SSDT-EC.aml
      • Didn't worked
    • Tried using SSDT-ECUSBX.aml
      • Also didn't worked
    • Tried using both SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-ECUSBX but obviously each other were overwriting themselves, then... Kernel Panic.
    • Using latest Clover 5104 (https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases)
  • Kexts:
    • ReHabMan AppleALC (Latest Version)
    • ReHabMan UsbInjectAll (Latest Version)
    • ReHabMan IntelMausiEthernet (Latest Version)
    • Lilu 1.4.1 (Latest Version)
    • WhateverGreen 1.3.6 (Latest Version)
    • VirtualSMC (Latest Version)
  • Computer Specs
    • Intel i5 9500vPro 3ghz
    • Intel Graphics UHD 630
    • 256 SSD (SATA)
    • 8GB RAM DDR4
    • Integrated Webcam, Microphone, Speakers (Intel HD Audio + Realtek ALC233), SD Card Reader
    • Ethernet (I218LM3) and Speakers (Realtek ALC233) are Intel and I double checked, they're all supported by both IntelMausiEthernet and AppleALC.
    • Lenovo 3122 Motherboard
    • Rear USB ports: 4 USB 3.1 gen1
    • Side USB ports: 1 USB 3.1 gen2, 1 USB 3.1 gen1, 1 USB 3.1 gen1 Type-C.
    • There are no USB 2.0 ports (Just saying)
  • Hackintosh:
    • macOS Catalina 10.15.3
    • Unibeast 10.0
Here's the problem:
  • Booting to Clover > Select MacOS Installer (with -v dart=0 nv_disable=1)
  • Then this screen happens:
    IMG_1679.png
Any support is super and much appreciated. I'm sure it's something ridiculous.

PS: I didn't configured yet my Clover configuration (SMB, iMessages, and all other stuff because I'm still stuck in the screen above, so I cannot even go to the Installation screen)....
PS2: Attached my EFI folder from my USB Installer. (I also attached both DSDT-EC.aml and DSDT-ECUSBX.aml for Investigation purpose, but I wasn't using both of them at the same time.)
PS3: Using on my MacBook Pro 15'' Catalina 10.15.3

---- Thread Updates ----
  1. Thursday 27, February, 13:15 GMT+1
    1. Updated EFI.zip containing new updated `config.plist` with SMBIOS, ACPI patches and other relevant patches
    2. Added SSDT-USBX.aml and removed SSDT-ECUSBX.aml
    3. Added ACPI EC0 to EC patch
  2. Thursday 27, February, 18:21 GMT+1
    1. Updated EFI.zip containing updated drivers and config.plist
    2. Downgraded to Clover 5103
  3. Friday 28, February, 10:12 GMT+1
    1. Attached new EFI.zip with my latest attempt of making it work
    2. Added origin DSDT.aml directly here for easier inspection.
    3. Added directly also my config.plist
    4. Downgraded to Clover 5102
  4. Friday 28, February, 13:02 GMT+1
    1. Upgraded Clover to 5104 using Clover Configurator
    2. Installed necessary Drivers and upgraded Kexts
    3. Small/minor config.plist changes
    4. Updated EFI.zip Attachment and config.plist

Thank you AGAIN!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    288.9 KB · Views: 134
  • EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 165
  • config.plist
    10.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

I already did it. And followed all possible guides... Did the FakeEC patch and, et cetera. Sorry for making this dumb question.

PS: Already tried DSDT-EC (Patched) and DSDT-ECUSBX... None of them worked.

Try adding the following ACPI patch;

<key>Comment</key>
<string>change EC0 to EC</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>RUMwXw==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>RUNfXw==</data>

EC0 to EC

Thanks! Going to try. I believe I read that some vendors use EC0 instead of EC. But that also, some Lenovo Computers use EC, I thought mine was one of these. Going to try as soon as I arrive my home.

Thank you!

So, now something weird is happening. It's passing that point, but when it passes that point the screen goes black.

Is this happening because of wrong ig-platform-id being patched or something like that?

PS: When I don't do the verbose mode the Apple logo bar gets stuck forever in that endless loading...

---- Edit ----

1. Removed the ig-platform-id and now stuck again on apfs_module_start:1683 load: com.apple.filesystem.apfs

Last edited:
PS: It looks like my ThinkCentre already has an Embedded Controller, so SSD-EC.aml patch should not be needed.

PS2: It's also giving NVMEe Error, could it be that my Thinkcentre uses unsupported NVMe?

Okay more notes for testing purposes:

I'm curious about what's the "ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS: (SSDT:TC-M1M)" because I'm sure that I'm not overriding or either applying any patch with this given name.
  • My computer indeed has an Embedded Controller already and it's on its latest firmware so:
    • I guess injecting SSDT-EC.aml to give a Fake-EC is not needed (even using it nothing changes)
    • ACPI Patch EC0 to EC also doesn't work...
      • I assume then my Embedded Controller is probably called differently... How should I proceed then?
  • I also tried some patches from another forum to learn about them such as
    • HPET, RTC, TMR, SATA patches but I didn't apply them since after investigation they actually wouldn't do a change on my case.
    • I also patched FixHeaders
    • I added proper ig-platform-id (At least I guess it is the proper one)
      • And also Properties patches on Devices
    • Also added ResetHDA patch
  • It seems I'm also using a NVMe from WPC. I remember back on Sierra we had NVMe problems and had to patch them in order to work, but now reading it seems that most NVMe's are natively supported since Mojave.
    • Is this right?
    • Because I also have on my screenshot error the "AppleNVMe Assert failed"
  • Also another quite interesting bug, I had to rollback Clover to 5102 or 5103, because on newest version 5104 the MacOS Installer option just doesn't appear. I saw the 5104 `drivers` folder have now `BIOS` and `Off` and that inside the `EFI` folder there's no more the APFS and VirtualSMC.efi files.... (Seems quite odd? Or should I wait for Unibeast 12 for Clover 5104?)
  • Also should I use the Kext `UsbInjectAll.kext` I read that I should use it with a combination of SSDT-USB.aml or a global SSDT-USBX.aml in order to make my USB ports operate in correct voltage?
    • Als saw that as temporary solution I could just use UsbInjectAll.kext
TL;DR

Still stuck with "apfs_module_start: 1683"

Attachments
  • Added my origin DSDT.aml
  • Updated my EFI.zip with latest attempts.

Notes

It seems my Computer hasn't a USB 2.0 port, only USB 3.1 gen1 and gen2 ports.

Last edited:
It's also giving NVMEe Error, could it be that my Thinkcentre uses unsupported NVMe?

Possibly, try putting NvmExpressDxe.efi in clover/driver/uefi folder.

Possibly, try putting NvmExpressDxe.efi in clover/driver/uefi folder.

Thanks @Big-W I will try this. Do you know where I may get this .efi file? Googling it I didn't found it :(

Also waiting my latest post to be approved by a moderator...

1582883845679.png

@P1LGRIM, sorry for bothering you, do you mind approving the post if the post is conforming the rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back