Contribute
Register

Issues with i7-6800k + Gigabyte x99 Ultra Gaming (v1.0) + Nvidia GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems it stuck in PCI Configuration Utility.
Try adding npci=0x3000 to your boot arguments :

npci.png

Try adding npci=0x3000 to your boot arguments :

View attachment 395442

Thanks alot. Now i was been able to get to instalation, but the system didn't showed any hdd on volume list. Then i've got to my bios settings and noticed that my SATA settings was on RAID instead AHCI.

I currently have 4 disks:
1 ssd 240gb
1 ssd 240gb
1 hdd 3tb
2 hdd 4tb in raid 0

I've exchanged to AHCI and tried again and voilá, now every hdd is available on Disk Utility. But my question is: I'll lose my raid array on this setting? There's a way to continue with RAID on those 2 drives (windows isn't installed on them, but on the second SSD).

My SSD's aren't on RAID, only the 2 hdd.

I've exchanged to AHCI and tried again and voilá, now every hdd is available on Disk Utility. But my question is: I'll lose my raid array on this setting? There's a way to continue with RAID on those 2 drives (windows isn't installed on them, but on the second SSD).
I have no experience with your hardware so cannot say for sure but instinct says that it will probably affect your RAID if you switch to AHCI.

I have no experience with your hardware so cannot say for sure but instinct says that it will probably affect your RAID if you switch to AHCI.

Hi P1LGRIM,

I've come here just to thank you for all your help. I've been successful in installing Mojave and run my system very well, but since i've discovered later that Nvidia doesn't works well on it, i've tried the High Sierra and voilá, everything running smoothly. I'm even considering swaping from this nvidia gtx 980 to amd vega 64, but for now, i'm really happy with my system.

Just one more noobish question: The system id is accusing iMAC 27 (Late 2013 etc). Should i try to put it as Mac Pro? It'll change something? If not, i'll leave it alone. Thus, i'll try to provide a newbie guide with all the info i can remember to help others with same system to try. Now that i know what i need, seems rather easy to install :clap:.

My next step now is trying to figure a way to make my previous raid 0 array come back to life since i can only boot with AHCI mode enabled. My previous raid was set on BIOS when i was using windows (windows wasn't installed on this array) and i really need those files there :banghead:.

Just one more noobish question: The system id is accusing iMAC 27 (Late 2013 etc). Should i try to put it as Mac Pro? It'll change something? If not, i'll leave it alone.
Yes it will change something.
If you want to try just save a copy of your config.plist so that you can get back to where you started if things go wrong, then change the system definition and see how it goes for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back