Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Booting + sound issues with P8Z68-V-PRO/GEN3

Hey,

I Successfully installed el Capitan on my system.

I can't seem to get the post-installation right, I'm not sure what settings I should have on/off, booting seems to work randomly at this point. Ethernet is working when booting is achieved, although sound does not work.

My system:
ASUS P8Z68-V-PRO/GEN3
XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 (x2)
intel i5-2500

Anybody with a similar setup who can help out?

Same board here, system always booting, cant finish instalation.

my system is working now, allthough i still occasionally get the stop sign when booting, booting in verbose mode tend to solve this, but it's a bit annoying. Also i have problems with sleep, i get a black screen after sleep. Everything else seems to work

Hey,

I Successfully installed el Capitan on my system.

I can't seem to get the post-installation right, I'm not sure what settings I should have on/off, booting seems to work randomly at this point. Ethernet is working when booting is achieved, although sound does not work.

My system:
ASUS P8Z68-V-PRO/GEN3
XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 (x2)
intel i5-2500

Anybody with a similar setup who can help out?

I've got this motherboard fully working with Yosemite in one of my builds.

Did you install the modded BIOS?

Yes, i previously installed the modded BIOS when i was running Lion. Booting to Clover works, the problem is after Clover booting into El Capitan.

I have to reboot two or three times everyday, i would let the computer just be on but I sleep in the same room and the fans are a bit noisy.

Or I would put it to sleep, but then I can't wake it up again :headbang:

Yes, i previously installed the modded BIOS when i was running Lion. Booting to Clover works, the problem is after Clover booting into El Capitan.

I have to reboot two or three times everyday, i would let the computer just be on but I sleep in the same room and the fans are a bit noisy.

Or I would put it to sleep, but then I can't wake it up again :headbang:

Did you patch the BIOS?

Oh, and I might be able to help with the random booting. For anyone with an Asus P87Z68-V-pro Gen3, use OsxAptioFixDrv, NOT OsxAptioFix2Drv, as a Clover driver. I was having boots fail 3/5 times with "Error Allocating 0x800 pages" and error loading kernel cache on boot, now I don't. Try it!

Hey, i have similar HW. but not the GEN3, 2500k and Sapphire 6870.

What guide/s have you used to make the installation and post-installation?

I have the modded bios that it worked fine from Yosemite, Mountain ...etc, but now I am starting to learn with Clover for first time.

It worked for me (no GEN3 mobo version). I have used the 2nd legacy efi booter from Clover in Multibeast.
With the first option, I was getting the "forbidden direction" symbol too.

Are USB3 & bluetooth working fine on your setup?

I go to finish the post install now with the audio thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back