Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU
Graphics
GTX 1080Ti
Hi all!

I'm having an issue with my main PC during installation. (Tryign to install High Sierra)

I get the drive wiped in disk utility fine, get it formatted to journaled like the guide says... Select it to install to, it says 2 minutes remaining on copy, gets 30% done then instantly reboots:

I'm running an 8700k (not overclocked)

Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard

16 GB 2133 DDR4 RAM (downclocked, no xmp running)

1080Ti

I did verbose on the last attempt to install, but not sure how to get the log from it.

Thanks,

~ Diana

20180918_213716.jpg 20180918_213731.jpg

Will try reinstalling it again and to get a better picture of the log.

Last edited:
Hi all!

I'm having an issue with my main PC during installation. (Tryign to install High Sierra)

I get the drive wiped in disk utility fine, get it formatted to journaled like the guide says... Select it to install to, it says 2 minutes remaining on copy, gets 30% done then instantly reboots:

I'm running an 8700k (not overclocked)

Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard

16 GB 2133 DDR4 RAM (downclocked, no xmp running)

1080Ti

I did verbose on the last attempt to install, but not sure how to get the log from it.

Thanks,

~ Diana
  • During installation it is ALWAYS better to boot in Verbose mode to get a text based screen that can show the reason for a boot failure.
  • There is no way other than taking photos of verbose boot screen(s) that appear to show a problem or ends up failing to proceed toward the Installation screen.
  • Upload the Verbose boot images and any other supportive evidences for boot failure like the BIOS options chosen for the boot + CLOVER folder from the Booting Disk that is compressed as a zip file to the Forum using [Upload a File] button just below this message entry box .
  • Since CLOVER is inside the hidden EFI partition of the Disk, you should use a tool like Clover Configurator Download Clover Configurator 5.2.0.1 | mackie100 projects or EFI Mounter V3 Download Now 33.4 KB .zip to mount the EFI Partition on the Desktop of a Mac or Hackintosh and navigate via EFI>EFI>CLOVER to compress and upload.
  • This Forum expects everyone to list the Make and Model of the MoBo, Intel CPU type and Graphics or the name of Brand Name Computer to their Personal Details (For the first system)and to the Build Signature for all subsequent systems.
    • This will help to see the hardware through out the troubleshoot stretching over many threads instead of having to return to the first post to find them to properly answer questions or suggest troubleshoot .

Here is a better screenshot of the part where it stops copying:

20180918_215026.jpg

The verbose screen did not give any clue for a catastrophic boot failure during reboot.
Did it hang there at that screen or did it go back to Clover Boot Manager Screen.
If it had reached CBM screen, were there two icons (USB installer and partially installed System Hard disk) ?

macOS High Sierra boot occurs in multiple stages. Initially it can start with an estimated 9-10 minutes but may actually reboot suddenly in 4-6 minutes of file copying from the start of macOS installation.

If that is the case , from CBM screen you have to switch to the System Disk and boot and this must be repeated several times till all file copying is finished to go to the Language and Region Set up screen ......> Finally Desktop.

If this is not what has happened, list your chosen BIOS options for this boot and the CLOVER folder from the USB installer to get some clues.

I am not aware of any boot failure log saved in the Installer disk to find out additional information about the cause.

It will be interesting to know what type of Graphics options you have chosen for this installation both in the BIOS and in your CLOVER as you have two Graphics hardware ( Intel HD 630+Nvidia GTX 1080Ti) both of which need specific setup in CLOVER and in the BIOS and is often a cause of such problems.

I used the guide for highsierra posted here on Tonymacx86.

Including the clover stuff provided. I also enabled the options suggested in the guide for bios. :)

Sorry, I won't be able to add anything more.

The GUIDE is not an installation manual for any specific set of hardware but a general road map to be modified to suit the needs of different sets of MoBO+CPU+Graphics+Hard Disks etc.

May be the Moderators could suggest things with just the information you have already posted or others with the same or similar hardware can help you with suggestions.
Good luck.

Thanks, hopefully someone can help me.

Hi Dianax - Just curious if you'd had any luck yet. I'm doing my first hackintosh build and am running into the same (or at least a very similar) problem!

Hi Dianax - Just curious if you'd had any luck yet. I'm doing my first hackintosh build and am running into the same (or at least a very similar) problem!
To get help in Installation problem through the forum, help seekers have to provide requested information about their computer and steps performed, certain compressed files, Images of BIOS options selected to boot the installer and verbose boot screen images when problem occurs.

" I have followed the GUIDE to create the installer and edit the CLOVER, its config.plist and used all the recommended BIOS setup exactly as described and that's all I am prepared to say" is no way to get help. Such threads will end abruptly with no answers and remain buried in the forum archives serving no useful purpose.

If you really need help, you are better off starting your own post with a suitable Title rather than tagging to an old inactive thread with no resolution to the problem shown on the Title.

Thanks, hopefully someone can help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back