Contribute
Register

Issues with boot priority Windows 7 and Mavericks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've finished installing windows 7 using the dual boot guide on by Going Bald

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

When i plugged back in my OSX SSD, changed my boot priority to my OSX SSD and proceeded to boot back into OSX, I was booted into my Windows drive instead. So, I was able to boot back into my OSX drive by using my Unibeast USB drive. Once I was in OSX I ran the Chimera boot loader from multibeast again. But when I rebooted the computer I was launched immediately into my Windows drive again. The only way I can boot into OSX is using my unibeast flash drive during startup.

Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've finished installing windows 7 using the dual boot guide on by Going Bald

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

When i plugged back in my OSX SSD, changed my boot priority to my OSX SSD and proceeded to boot back into OSX, I was booted into my Windows drive instead. So, I was able to boot back into my OSX drive by using my Unibeast USB drive. Once I was in OSX I ran the Chimera boot loader from multibeast again. But when I rebooted the computer I was launched immediately into my Windows drive again. The only way I can boot into OSX is using my unibeast flash drive during startup.

Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows is a resource hog - it wants to be the only OS on the computer.
Boot to BIOS and turn off/disable Secure Boot that the Windows installer changes in your BIOS to "provide you with a secure Windows experience, so no malware can take over your computer during the boot sequence". Make sure ALL of your OS X BIOS settings are correct and the OS X drive is first in BBS boot order. save&exit and continue boot.

Thanks for the reply. I disabled the secure boot and made sure that my Mac OSX SSD is the first choice. But it booted back into windows again. I tried to run chimera installer from multibeast again and still the same result. The Mac OSX SSD that I have first in the boot priority is the UEFI one. Should it be the SATA? It was UEFI when I was just booting into Mavericks and it worked fine. When I installed windows from my rom drive I made sure to select the one that said P5 next to it.

Thanks for the reply. I disabled the secure boot and made sure that my Mac OSX SSD is the first choice. But it booted back into windows again. I tried to run chimera installer from multibeast again and still the same result. The Mac OSX SSD that I have first in the boot priority is the UEFI one. Should it be the SATA? It was UEFI when I was just booting into Mavericks and it worked fine. When I installed windows from my rom drive I made sure to select the one that said P5 next to it.

replace Hackintosh in the system block of your profile with your board make, model and rev number.

I can't help diagnose BIOS problems without knowing that info.

Sorry about that. I changed that info on my profile. I was screwing around trying different drives as the primary boot disk. This might be kinda confusing to explain but I will try my best. When I have the SATA windows drive 1st it boots into windows. But when I then switch the boot order to my Mac OSX SSD UEFI it still boots to Windows. If I then go and switch the boot order to my Mac OSX SATA, it boots directly to OSX. I then switched the boot drive to the Mac OSX UEFI and it still boots straight to OSX. I tried to then press any key at the chimera boot screen of OSX and the only drives it shows is my Mac OSX SSD.

Sorry about that. I changed that info on my profile. I was screwing around trying different drives as the primary boot disk. This might be kinda confusing to explain but I will try my best. When I have the SATA windows drive 1st it boots into windows. But when I then switch the boot order to my Mac OSX SSD UEFI it still boots to Windows. If I then go and switch the boot order to my Mac OSX SATA, it boots directly to OSX. I then switched the boot drive to the Mac OSX UEFI and it still boots straight to OSX. I tried to then press any key at the chimera boot screen of OSX and the only drives it shows is my Mac OSX SSD.

Boot with the Mac SATA.

I am currently booting with the Mac OSX SATA drive and when I hit any key at the chimera boot screen I only see the option for OSX. Did I screw up something in the install of windows? Would starting over and reinstalling OSX using Unibeast fix the boot loader issues?

Okay so I got it to work. I realized that awhile ago, I was having an EBIOS error at start up. It would flash four times and then boot to Mac OSX drive. Upon searching the inter-webs I found that a printer can some times cause this error if it has a media card slot (which mine does). I added to my boot.plist these strings.

<key>Scan Single Drive</key>
<string>Yes</string>

That seemed to fix my EBIOS error from the printer, but after installing windows it seemed to have prevented me from booting into my windows drive. So when i removed the entry from the boot.plist file and booted Mac OSX SATA, I proceeded to get the four EBIOS errors but now I can select my windows drive at startup. Any idea how to make the EBIOS errors go away from my printer without using the scan single drive entry in the boot.plist?

Any idea how to make the EBIOS errors go away from my printer without using the scan single drive entry in the boot.plist?

Try a different USB port or get a new printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back