Contribute
Register

Issues with Bluetooth after Sleep, Airdrop, Sidecar and External Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
your config.plist still shows loading order is incorrect. you're also loading Bluetool and bluuetoothinjector you should only load 1. (off topic ) also for display to work with usb-c you need to have all the properties setup for this to work. have you tried connecting the monitor and closing the laptop lid and re opening after a few seconds? is the usb-c a thunderbolt or just a usb-c port with display capabilities? try adding -igfxtypec to your boot args

I actually copied and pasted your Kext section, except I kept included both BrcmBluetoothInjector and BlueToolFixup but using MinKernel and MaxKernel constraints for Big Sur and Monterey, so the kext load order should be the same as yours when running Monterey.

I included -igfxtypec in boot args, still no signal with external monitor. I checked Dell doc, the USB-C port is a Thunderbolt port too.

I actually copied and pasted your Kext section, except I kept included both BrcmBluetoothInjector and BlueToolFixup but using MinKernel and MaxKernel constraints for Big Sur and Monterey, so the kext load order should be the same as yours when running Monterey.

I included -igfxtypec in boot args, still no signal with external monitor. I checked Dell doc, the USB-C port is a Thunderbolt port too.
as I stated before, you need to use only 1 injector for bluetooth as I believe this is your issue. as far as your thunderbolt, I don't have one on my laptop so I couldn't help you there

as I stated before, you need to use only 1 injector for bluetooth as I believe this is your issue. as far as your thunderbolt, I don't have one on my laptop so I couldn't help you there

With MinKernel and MaxKernel setting BlueToolFixup is loaded for Monterey, while BrcmBluetoothInjector for Big Sur.

Airdrop works one way; It works from iPhone to Mac, but not vice versa. Worked fine on Big Sur.
I have the same issue with DW1830 on Dell xps 9570 Monterey 13.3.1, airdrop work only one way from Iphone to Mac, you managed to solve?

Nope. Looks like roll back to Big Sur is the only option so far. Still waiting ...

Finally I got a BCM94360NG NGFF card which is also "plug-and-play" (it uses the same chipset as Apple's BCM94360CD/CS card). No Airport and BCM kexts are required. The whole AWDL feature set, two-way Airdrop, Universal Clipboard, etc, works.

Finally I got a BCM94360NG NGFF card which is also "plug-and-play" (it uses the same chipset as Apple's BCM94360CD/CS card). No Airport and BCM kexts are required. The whole AWDL feature set, two-way Airdrop, Universal Clipboard, etc, works.
I've the same card and work flawlessy with Monterey included bidirectional airdrop, but unfortunately with windows 11 this card has some drivers issues on my dell xps 9570. I discover that is incompatible with sd-card reader driver, when I uninstall sd-reader drivers, wifi and bluetooth work smoothly. The wifi and bluetooth that I used were dowloaded from boot camp assistant Apple support drivers for windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back