Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770 - 3.4 GHz - 4 core
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2048 Mo
Hi everyone,
I am sorry if my english is not that good, I'm French and I'm quite a noob about hackintosh.

I have a Hackintosh since 2012, updated to Capitan in 2018, which works perfectly. But I need to go to Mojave for work compatibilities.
I just bought a new GPU and a new SSD to do so, following the Unibeast install as usual. I just spent the whole trying to install, looking for some answers on different forums but I have some issues.

My build is :

GigaByte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel core I7 3770 - 3,4 GHz
Sapphire AMD radeon RX 580 Pulse 8Go
32 Go DRR3 ram
corsair TX650 - 650 watts

I did the same tricks I had to do when I want to boot with Unibeat with this Motherboard ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/bios-uefi-screenshots-gigabyte-z77x-up5-th.130888/ ) but it didn't work as expected. Most of the time, the loading bar doesn't finish, or doesn't even appear that my computer is rebooting... The far I went is just before installing, when I was about to Formate the future OS SSD...

My dualBios is updated in F14 (2012). I tried to update it to F16j which is the last update (2017) with the "update from drive" method in Q Flash, but it didn't work with 2 different USB drives in MSDOS (Fat32). Do I really need to update it to install Mojave ?

Do you have a guide that could really help me install Mojave, please ?
Do you have a better install solutions ? Should I do a Clover boot ? or maybe an updgrade from a High Sierra install ?

Thank you guys !

Hi everyone,
I am sorry if my english is not that good, I'm French and I'm quite a noob about hackintosh.

I have a Hackintosh since 2012, updated to Capitan in 2018, which works perfectly. But I need to go to Mojave for work compatibilities.
I just bought a new GPU and a new SSD to do so, following the Unibeast install as usual. I just spent the whole trying to install, looking for some answers on different forums but I have some issues.

My build is :

GigaByte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel core I7 3770 - 3,4 GHz
Sapphire AMD radeon RX 580 Pulse 8Go
32 Go DRR3 ram
corsair TX650 - 650 watts

I did the same tricks I had to do when I want to boot with Unibeat with this Motherboard ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/bios-uefi-screenshots-gigabyte-z77x-up5-th.130888/ ) but it didn't work as expected. Most of the time, the loading bar doesn't finish, or doesn't even appear that my computer is rebooting... The far I went is just before installing, when I was about to format the future OS SSD...

My dualBios is updated in F14 (2012). I tried to update it to F16j which is the last update (2017) with the "update from drive" method in Q Flash, but it didn't work with 2 different USB drives in MSDOS (Fat32). Do I really need to update it to install Mojave ?

Do you have a guide that could really help me install Mojave, please ?
Do you have a better install solutions ? Should I do a Clover boot ? or maybe an upgrade from a High Sierra install ?

Thank you guys !

There should be no need to update the BIOS beyond F14.

Did you set all the BIOS options as stated in the Mojave Installation Guide? (Especially the XHCI Handoff option)

I would also suggest you add the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts to the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder in the EFI partition on the USB stick if they are not already there.

Hi,

Thank for your reply.
I followed the Unibeast guide to create Bootable USB.
I did the bios setup : Enable XHCI Handoff and disable VT-d.

Trying this, it just stops at "Kextd stall (240s) AppleACPICPU".
Looking for some answers, it says that I have to put the FakeSMC kext.
But I don't understand where I have to put this kexts because there's no EFI file in my USB. I just have Install Mojave + Multibeast +EFI backup in my USB.
I tried to use the Clover with config.plist install and I have this folder to put the kexts on but it doesn't some easy to use this clover install to me.

Thanks

Hi,

Thank for your reply.
I followed the Unibeast guide to create Bootable USB.
I did the bios setup : Enable XHCI Handoff and disable VT-d.

Trying this, it just stops at "Kextd stall (240s) AppleACPICPU".
Looking for some answers, it says that I have to put the FakeSMC kext.
But I don't understand where I have to put this kexts because there's no EFI file in my USB. I just have Install Mojave + Multibeast +EFI backup in my USB.
I tried to use the Clover with config.plist install and I have this folder to put the kexts on but it doesn't some easy to use this clover install to me.

Thanks

FakeSMC.kext should already be present if you create the USB stick correctly using Unibeast.

The EFI partition on the USB stick (and the hard disk / SSD) are normally hidden. To mount it, see :

FakeSMC.kext should already be present if you create the USB stick correctly using Unibeast.

The EFI partition on the USB stick (and the hard disk / SSD) are normally hidden. To mount it, see :

Thank you I succeed to put a fakeSMC kext into the appropriate file.

Now I have FakeSMC, WEG, Virtual SMC, Lilu, IntelMausiEthernet and AtherosE2200Ethernet kexts.

When I boot, it often crashes at the beginning and sometimes at the end of the loading...
I succeed to go to the MacOs utility twice, but my computer seems slow and it crashes just after. I can't even open the disk utility. Do you think the problem come from my motherboard, kexts, or my brand new GPU ?

Now I have FakeSMC, WEG, Virtual SMC, Lilu, IntelMausiEthernet and AtherosE2200Ethernet kexts.

FakeSMC.kext and VirtualSMC.kext do the same job and are mutually exclusive.
Use one or the other but not both.

FakeSMC.kext and VirtualSMC.kext do the same job and are mutually exclusive.
Use one or the other but not both.
Ok I will try with the fakesmc only thank you. Keep you updated because I think my old CPU is defectuous and can be the problem because my MB says that its temperature is 88°C at the start...

my MB says that its temperature is 88°C at the start
Check the thermal paste between the CPU and the heatsink/fan.
Check that the CPU fan is spinning.

Check the thermal paste between the CPU and the heatsink/fan.
Check that the CPU fan is spinning.
My bad it was my old shitty CPU fan which wasn't effective anymore. Just changed it with a Pure rock 2 and bring my CPU back to life ! Now the installation went really good and quickly !

I really thank you guys for helping me with this Mojave installation !
Love from France :clap:

My bad it was my old shitty CPU fan which wasn't effective anymore. Just changed it with a Pure rock 2 and bring my CPU back to life ! Now the installation went really good and quickly !

I really thank you guys for helping me with this Mojave installation !
Love from France :clap:

Good. You are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back