Contribute
Register

issues when moving from CLOVER to OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!
I tried setting the
IgnoreTextInGraphics -> NO
, but it is not producing any output at the screen, i.e. During the Apple logo. It goes for a reboot loop after that.

I think the debug version of OC will produce output till the Picker stage. After that it is over to macOS logging.

If you want to have a look at my EFI , I can share with you.

UPDATE:
Now I can boot using Graphical Mode. Looks like I was using an old VoodooPS2Controller.
However, with the new version, there is an issue of unresponsive Keyboard after boot, though the original boot issue is resolved.

Now, I would need some help in getting my HDMI connection to work. Is your HDMI working with sound?

UPDATE:
Now I can boot using Graphical Mode. Looks like I was using an old VoodooPS2Controller.
However, with the new version, there is an issue of unresponsive Keyboard after boot, though the original boot issue is resolved.
That is why I keep VoodooPS2Controller.kext (2.1.1) installed in L/E -> like this I have no keyboard cold boot missing issue - whereas when the kext is injected by Clover or OC i sometimes have to reboot to get the keyboard

I can get HDMI working with sound with the WEG devices setting provided in post #4

Dell SMBIOS issue is solved setting :
CustomSMBIOSGuid -> true
UpdateSMBIOSMode -> Custom (instead of Create)
(equivalent to the clover DellSMBIOSPatch)

View attachment 443399

I2C trackpad not fully working seems because - unlike clover -
the _OSI->XOSI rename in the OC ACPI patch section do not applied to all the DSDT ... strange ...WIP

EDIT :solved by setting the _OSI->XOSI rename properties "Count" = 0 (instead of 1) for it applied to all occurrence found (OC documentation)
Now I got trackpad fully working, with TPD0 loading and GPIO pinning

_OSI rename also fixed the brightness key issue
For my setup, using OpenCore 0.6.6, my UpdateSMBIOS value was set to false, preventing this fix from fully working on my XPS 13 9360. Once I set all three values to the correct setting then the Dell SMBIOS truncation issue was resolved.

CustomBIOSGuid > Yes/True
UpdateSMBIOS > Yes/True
UpdateSMBIOSMode > [String] Custom

Not sure why UpdateSMBIOS was set to False, I should have caught that before. Just a healthy reminder to make sure your SMBIOS is dialed before attempting things like iServices and OS upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back