UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there,

I am testing OC but have many issues... At first would like to solve :

- can not get the MacBookPro14,1 SMBIOS value in ioreg -> shown up : CBX3263,8201
(CustomSMBIOSGuid -> true , PlatformInfo -> automatic)
EDIT : when setting CustomSMBIOSGuid -> false
ioreg shows the Dell truncation issue (MacBookPro14,)

- only 2 fingers gestures are working for I2C trackpad (TPD0 is not loaded)

- display brightness slider show up, but brightness keys no longer work (renaming BRT6 to BRTX is ok)

- should I rename ECDV to EC like with clover ?
OC documentation and sample seems to tell not renaming to EC for desktop, but what do do for laptop with PNP0C09 ( need to fake it like the sample provided with OC ?) ?

Thanks for any ideas !

Attachments

• config.plist
    29 KB · Views: 75
  • IOreg OC.ioreg
    6.5 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
- can not get the MacBookPro14,1 SMBIOS value in ioreg -> shown up : CBX3263,8201
(CustomSMBIOSGuid -> true , PlatformInfo -> automatic)
EDIT : when setting CustomSMBIOSGuid -> false
ioreg shows the Dell truncation issue (MacBookPro14,)

Dell SMBIOS issue is solved setting :
CustomSMBIOSGuid -> true
UpdateSMBIOSMode -> Custom (instead of Create)
(equivalent to the clover DellSMBIOSPatch)

1578066607202.png

I2C trackpad not fully working seems because - unlike clover -
the _OSI->XOSI rename in the OC ACPI patch section do not applied to all the DSDT ... strange ...WIP

EDIT :solved by setting the _OSI->XOSI rename properties "Count" = 0 (instead of 1) for it applied to all occurrence found (OC documentation)
Now I got trackpad fully working, with TPD0 loading and GPIO pinning

_OSI rename also fixed the brightness key issue

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.iorg.ioreg
    6.8 MB · Views: 97
  • MacBook Pro.ioreg
    6.8 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Is it ok to upload yur entire efi , please?

Here it is,
keep in mind I am WIP with open core....EFI may be wrong for some parts

Anyway at this time it allows me to boot with no ACPI errors both :
- Mojave 10.14.6
- Catalina 10.15.2 (with ECDV rename to EC)
OS Boot is 10 sec faster than clover -> EDIT : only a few second faster after enabling trim ... (in config.plist: ThirdPartyDrives=YES)

What I had time to check seems working like with clover :
- wifi, BT, graphics, sound, power management, imessage, touchscreen, trackpad with gestures, USB map
- USB power property should also work - but do not have any iPhone or iPad for testing

Important note about the EFI :
  1. TgtBridge method not supported with OC
    1. I switched to the extra byte method for targeting _CRS and _STA in TPD0 and GPIO needed for the trackpad (voodooi2c patch) -> patchs need to be adapted for other hardware
  2. W10 dual boot not tested-> EFI will likely not work for that purpose (I did not apply any Darwin test in the patchs)
  3. PlatformInfo/generic section have to be fill in with own datas (MLB, SUUID, SN) - for the ROM value i stetted my NIC address
  4. I have some kexts in L/E still not moved to the OC folder (USBInjectAll.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext, BrcmPatchRAMX.kext , BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext...)
    1. add the kexts you need in the OC/Kexts folder and mind to enable them in the config.plist kernel section
  5. i setted the Kernel Quirks AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock to YES
    1. should be avoided as per the OC documentation and replace by a clean CFG lock setting - but this setting is an easy way to boot with my hardware (AptioMemoryFix needed with clover)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:
W10 dual boot not tested-
It seems to be a pain compared to clover ...
I have tried to specify the Windows bootloader path in the BlessOverride OC field - with the Hideself field stetted to YES or NO - but this does not show up the W10 option in the GUI OpenCore
Has anyone succeeded to boot a UEFI W10 installed on the same drive than macOS ?

Hey @favoriti could you manage to patch your battery, so that you can see the status in the Menu Bar, or even see Trackpad settings in System Preferences?

Hey @favoriti could you manage to patch your battery, so that you can see the status in the Menu Bar, or even see Trackpad settings in System Preferences?
Hi, battery status in the menu bar is working both with Clover and OC - this come with VirtualSMC and SMCBatteryManager - no extra battery patch is needed (just make sure EC is loaded)
Trackpads seettings are also available in System Preferences

I used your EFI folder. My SSDT-EC-USBX.aml is not working as it is getting stuck at
Previous Shutdown cause: 5
But your ACPI patch in OC, renaming from ECDV->EC is working.
EC is also loading AppleACPIEC.
But SMCBatteryManager is giving "Invalid Parameter" while loading.

I guess unless SMCBatteryManager loads properly the trackpad preferences will not load.

Can you please help me?

I used your EFI folder. My SSDT-EC-USBX.aml is not working

My guess is you can not get the battery status working while you do not have a clean EC management by macOS.
For that purpose renaming ECDV to EC is enough (on my laptop)
At first, better is trying to boot without additional ACPI patch only needed the USB power property injection

SSDT-USBX.aml in the post #4 EFI only includes the additional USBX device for the USB power property injection - there is no EC targeting in that patch
What are your SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, DSDT and IOReg output ?
(your SSDT-EC-USBX.aml may conflict with the rename patch - you also have to change the OC config.plist ACPI section if you use SSDT-EC-USBX.aml instead of SSDT-USBX.aml)

Thanks.

I have yet another issue now. Could you please tell me if you boot using the -v (Verbose) flag.

I am able to boot with the -v flag. But without the flag, it stops at 2-3%, and then the fans spin up.

Attachments

• Stuck_At_Apple_Logo.jpg
    Stuck_At_Apple_Logo.jpg
    528.1 KB · Views: 89
Could you please tell me if you boot using the -v (Verbose) flag
I can boot without this flag (check the post #4 config.plist )

As you are stuck early in macOS boot maybe you can get informations with the UEFI/quirks :
IgnoreTextInGraphics -> NO
This should print firmware output text on screen at boot, I remember it helped me to solved some issues
If these are not enough you can get the OC debug version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back