Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Issues installing Mojave, stops at "Stop/Prohibited" sign (ASUS Prime H310M-K, GTX 1080 ti)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime H310M-K
CPU
i5
Graphics
GTX 1080 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Motherboard: ASUS Prime H310M-K
Processor: Intel Core i5
Graphics card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 TI 11GB

Hi guys, sorry, new here, my first Hackintosh, and I'm soo tired already. I've been fighting this for 2+ days already, tried Mojave, Catalina, Sierra, High Sierra, but nothing seems to work. From clover it goes to Apple sign, then shows progress bar, but when it gets to about half way, it gives me the "Stop" (crossed circle) sign. Don't know what else to tune, as I tried everything from this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/).

USB ownership is turned on, USB injection also. Tried on/off them too. Inserting in USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, same results. BIOS tuned as per guide.

Hardware seems compatible, so the issue seems to be in tuning something either in BIOS or in config. Please help!! This is driving me craaaazy.

Attachments

• 47309.jpg
    47309.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 89
Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Mojave is a total waste of time with a GTX 1080, there are no drivers.

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Mojave is a total waste of time with a GTX 1080, there are no drivers.

Thank you and sorry. Fixed the profile.

Understood about Mojave compatibility. But the issue is I tried with other installs too (Sierra, High Sierra), same issues :( Don't know what to do.

Understood about Mojave compatibility. But the issue is I tried with other installs too (Sierra, High Sierra), same issues Don't know what to do.

Anything after High Sierra is pointless with your GTX 1080.

You may need the patch to avoid the 1393 stall :

1393.png

More likely though is a USB configuration problem :

This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
It can be caused by using a flash drive that is greater than 32GB, if this is the case you must create a partition of 32GB or less.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled in your BIOS settings.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. (Click Download repository).
May require a USB Port Limit patch.

Anything after High Sierra is pointless with your GTX 1080.

You may need the patch to avoid the 1393 stall :

View attachment 445609

More likely though is a USB configuration problem :

This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
It can be caused by using a flash drive that is greater than 32GB, if this is the case you must create a partition of 32GB or less.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled in your BIOS settings.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. (Click Download repository).
May require a USB Port Limit patch.
Thank you very much, sir! You were right, it was the USB problem and kexts fixed it (namely USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext, as per your advice.

Now only need to make audio work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back