Contribute
Register

Issues installing "El Capitan 10.11.3" on z77x up5th! Stuck in an infinite Reboot Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z77x-up5th
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[SOLVED] Issues installing "El Capitan 10.11.3" on z77x up5th! Stuck in an infinite Reboot Loop

Hello everyone,

SEE UPDATE AT END OF POST

Im currently out of hairs in my head to pull since ive been trying to install "El Capitan" version 10.11.3 on my Hackintosh for the past 4 days and ive had no success. Let me show you my build in the following

-z77x up5th
-i7 3770k Intel Processor
-32 gb Ram
-HD4000 (Onboard Graphics)
BIOS version F12e
(Huge fan of Storks "Thunderball" Build ;)

Ive followed Storks Guide on installing "El Capitan" but there are some details that i didnt understand. I also followed Waltvonfrankenstein guide on the same topic. Even though i followed thes guides step by step, ive failed tonymacx86 :/

Here are the steps that ive taken, from the beginning:

1. Make Unibeast 6.1.1 with a fresh copy of "El Capitan" (Success)

2. Reboot and boot into Unibeast with clover, got into the el capitan setup screen and repaired/formatted a 250gb HDD to install OSX to that drive (Success)

3. Automatic Reboot after instalation and booted again into unibeast to the freshly installed copy of "El Capitan". Got to the OSX setup page (Country region, username, passwords, etc)

4. Successfuly got to the desktop page and went ahead and downloaded/ installed "El Capitan Post Install Tools" to the HDD where i installed El Capitan
-Clover_v2.3k_r3320-UEFI.pkg
-CustoMac Essentials.pkg

5.After Installing both of those packages, i went ahead and installed the "Clover Configurator". I opened the app and i noticed 1 peculiar detail... i had 3 EFI's mounted partitions (maybe because i tried to install el capitan several times on another HD). Either way i went ahead and chose my SMBIOS to Mac 3,1 (even thought my mac's about me said it was an iMac 13,2 like Storks guide) and i did the same process to the other 2 EFI partitions just to play it safe.

Since there where no more steps and i wasnt interested in getting iMessenger running, my logic was to simply reboot and set my BIOS to boot to my HDD instead of unibeast and made sure to set Boot Mode Selection to UEFI ONLY. Once I saved the BIOS settings, my computer reboots and takes me directly to the clover bootloader to automatically load my El Capitan HDD in about 5 secs. The Apple Screen loads and then it reboots, and its an ongoing thing, I go into an endless reboot. The only way i can go past the apple screen is by booting my El Capitan HDD through Unibeast.

I wanted to ask, is there anyway that I can i do the Post Installation with MultiBeast in place of the clover post installation? (I dont know if it works with my build) I find multi beast ALOT more simpler since its what ive always worked with.

Any help is welcome, and i hope that this article is helpful to anyone with a similar issue

UPDATE 3/12/2016
I succesfuly installed El Capitan on my z77x up5th by following N3onLit3 's installation guide that you can see here.

I followed every step carefully and make sure to do the POST-INSTALLATION as he originally stated with the clover configurator instead of Multi-Beast (i had no success with multi beast). Now i can successfully boot into my El Capitan HDD without a problem :) Thankyou so much guys!

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Im currently out of hairs in my head to pull since ive been trying to install "El Capitan" version 10.11.3 on my Hackintosh for the past 4 days and ive had no success. Let me show you my build in the following

-z77x up5th
-i7 3770k Intel Processor
-32 gb Ram
-HD4000 (Onboard Graphics)
BIOS version F12e
(Huge fan of Storks "Thunderball" Build ;)

Ive followed Storks Guide on installing "El Capitan" but there are some details that i didnt understand. I also followed Waltvonfrankenstein guide on the same topic. Even though i followed thes guides step by step, ive failed tonymacx86 :/

Here are the steps that ive taken, from the beginning:

1. Make Unibeast 6.1.1 with a fresh copy of "El Capitan" (Success)

2. Reboot and boot into Unibeast with clover, got into the el capitan setup screen and repaired/formatted a 250gb HDD to install OSX to that drive (Success)

3. Automatic Reboot after instalation and booted again into unibeast to the freshly installed copy of "El Capitan". Got to the OSX setup page (Country region, username, passwords, etc)

4. Successfuly got to the desktop page and went ahead and downloaded/ installed "El Capitan Post Install Tools" to the HDD where i installed El Capitan
-Clover_v2.3k_r3320-UEFI.pkg
-CustoMac Essentials.pkg

5.After Installing both of those packages, i went ahead and installed the "Clover Configurator". I opened the app and i noticed 1 peculiar detail... i had 3 EFI's mounted partitions (maybe because i tried to install el capitan several times on another HD). Either way i went ahead and chose my SMBIOS to Mac 3,1 (even thought my mac's about me said it was an iMac 13,2 like Storks guide) and i did the same process to the other 2 EFI partitions just to play it safe.

Since there where no more steps and i wasnt interested in getting iMessenger running, my logic was to simply reboot and set my BIOS to boot to my HDD instead of unibeast and made sure to set Boot Mode Selection to UEFI ONLY. Once I saved the BIOS settings, my computer reboots and takes me directly to the clover bootloader to automatically load my El Capitan HDD in about 5 secs. The Apple Screen loads and then it reboots, and its an ongoing thing, I go into an endless reboot. The only way i can go past the apple screen is by booting my El Capitan HDD through Unibeast.

I wanted to ask, is there anyway that I can i do the Post Installation with MultiBeast in place of the clover post installation? (I dont know if it works with my build) I find multi beast ALOT more simpler since its what ive always worked with.

Any help is welcome, and i hope that this article is helpful to anyone with a similar issue
MultiBeast also installs a clover bootloader and you can use it.
To know which EFI you are working with boot with USB to desktop/use terminal ..diskutil list/enter/ a box will pop up with all EFI partitions listed..Like 0s1 ,0s2 etc. take note of the one for HDD with El Cap/Use clover configurator to mount that EFI and a EFI icon will pop up on desktop/Go to File on clover config/open/efi/clover/config.plist and you now can change settings in the correct .plist.
On a side note if you are using the 640 try booting from the HDD with nv_disable=1 bootflag since you seem not to have installed web drivers.

MultiBeast also installs a clover bootloader and you can use it.
To know which EFI you are working with boot with USB to desktop/use terminal ..diskutil list/enter/ a box will pop up with all EFI partitions listed..Like 0s1 ,0s2 etc. take note of the one for HDD with El Cap/Use clover configurator to mount that EFI and a EFI icon will pop up on desktop/Go to File on clover config/open/efi/clover/config.plist and you now can change settings in the correct .plist.
On a side note if you are using the 640 try booting from the HDD with nv_disable=1 bootflag since you seem not to have installed web drivers.

How would I go ahead and instead that boot flag in the clover boot loader? It doesn't let me simply type like chaimera used to let me :/

Attach EFI. Remove themes. (ZIP EFI).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back